Sometimes my clothes literally hurt my skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny I found this posting. I have always had a problem with being touched. I never knew why and I was never able to explain it. No one else ever seemed to feel that way. Sometimes different areas of my skin are extra sensitive to touch or have my clothes rub. It lasts a few days and then goes away, but it's a horrible feeling. I actually never thought that it was from the fibro, but after reading the other posts, it makes sense now. I don't have any advise on the subject unfortunately, it's just something that comes and goes for me and I just deal with it as best I can.

That's not weird , I hate sometimes to la in my bed cause the sheets hurt, and sometimes water hurts,

I found by wearing only 100% cotton I am much more comfortable. I always stretch out the necks of my tee shirts and change into shorts as soon as I get home, year round. I hate wearing socks even cotton and my crowning weirdness is I always take them off in the house and sleep with my feet sticking out from under the duvet!

I do that too, Keith, I always sleep with my feet sticking out the sheet because I can't stand anything on them while I sleep. I also have a problem with warm feet, I know it's strange, but sometimes I need to wrap a wet towel around my feet to cool them down in order to sleep. I know I sound like a freak :)

I never thought that the problem with certain clothes had anything to do with fibro. I always thought that I was just really sensitive , especially to the tags on the clothes. Its nice to know I am not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back