Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
Kentucky
It's bed time, the moment I have looked forward to for most of my day and as soon as I lay down I am filled with anxiety, I can't get comfortable due to pain and it's one hot flash after another. Does bed time bring any of this on for anyone else? Does anyone have any tips?

This happens to me also. I lay down and role the bed trying to get comfortable. I feel like my mind does not shut off. Then the hot flashes start. I bought a new pillow that is supposed to help with being hot. It is called an isocool pillow. It does seem to help some. It stays cool.

Same here, but again; I'm rarely anxiety free. Lately I'm much better tho, ever since I started taking a full B complex, it seems that pills helps me calm my nerves and sleep well. Before mornings were really stressful as well. But I never know when the anxiety will strike again... it usually happens after seeing the doctor. I always come back feeling so depressed after seeing a specific doctor. I heard anxiety is a common denominator among people with fibro :(

Thank you for responding! I will have to get one of those pillows, I might need to buy a lot of them and make a bed lol
This might be a silly question but what's B complex? Does anyone have tips on dealing with anxiety? Oh I also noticed that I shake my leg a lot! This isn't just at bed time or while sitting but let's say I'm in line at the grocery or standing still for whatever reason my leg will be going 100 mph before I even realize it. Could this be anxiety or something else?

When I get the bed-time panics I just don't go to bed. If I'm already in bed I have to escape to another room. I've always been like it for as long as I can remember. I gave up trying to resettle as it never works. The change of scenery usually my living room sofa and an old favorite film on TV is usually enough to defuse the feeling and I drop off to sleep within about half an hour.

Thanks for the idea. It's been a very long time, actually I don't remember the last time that I went to bed and drifted off to sleep. I usually just pass out from exhaustion after tossing and turning.

So tonight, maybe coz I'm sick I had the panic thing. What a b1tch. I have this thing once in a blue moon where I stop breathing in my sleep and it happened after only being asleep for half an hour. Bummer

That sounds so scary! Have you had a sleep study?

Thank you for responding! I will have to get one of those pillows, I might need to buy a lot of them and make a bed lol
This might be a silly question but what's B complex? Does anyone have tips on dealing with anxiety? Oh I also noticed that I shake my leg a lot! This isn't just at bed time or while sitting but let's say I'm in line at the grocery or standing still for whatever reason my leg will be going 100 mph before I even realize it. Could this be anxiety or something else?

A B complex is basically a pill with all the B vitamins :) Those are helpful at calming my nerves! You can also try watching ASMR videos on Youtube, that helped me tremendously some months ago when my anxiety levels were really high. I'd advice you to pick a video with only sounds and no voices, those can really help relax your nerves. I'd post you a link of my fav ones, but isn't allowed to do so in this forum.

Same here, but again; I'm rarely anxiety free. Lately I'm much better tho, ever since I started taking a full B complex, it seems that pills helps me calm my nerves and sleep well.

I first started hearing years ago that B complex can be beneficial with anything having to do with anxiety and stress issues, etc. I've taken them during a few time periods, but they never seemed to make a difference.

I'm just now realizing that maybe I never understood what the dosages should be for it to help. Like how many mg do you take when it helps you? If I'd have to guess, I'll bet that I was nowhere near what should be taken to actually make a difference.

And... are some of them "non" full? With less of the B vitamins? Or is there a standard they all have to have? I do have a B-12 sublingual bottle here... but haven't had the complex for a while.

I can really identify with the bed time blues. I put off going to bed as long as possible. Then I bring a book to read or do sudoku puzzles or any mind numbing activity until my eyes literally drop shut. Sometimes even this doesn't stave off the black beast of anxiety so I take a Xanax that my doctor gave me. I try to be careful with these because it's easy to get hooked on them. I'm experimenting with other things to help with anxiety, like deep breathing exercises, or meditation but I'm not there yet .
I have discovered that vitamin D helps my moods tremendously, especially over the winter months when I can't get any natural sunshine. My doctor told me that I could take up to 3000 mg per day. I really swear by the vitamin D. I also take a multivitamin but any time it forget to take either one, my day is hell.
It seems like a viscious cycle doesn't it? Can't get good sleep, fibro gets worse, the worse fibro gets the harder it is to sleep
Wishing you a good anxiety free sleep.
Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back