To those who have been referred to a neurologist

Status
Not open for further replies.
My neurologist had me walk across the room, tested my reflexes, broke a "q-tip" in half, and took the broken end of one and tapped certain areas on my face, arm, hand, thigh, calf, and feet on one side, and repeateel on my other side with the other and asked each time, "Do you feel that? Yes? Describe the feeling. No? Ok.". All doctors are different in how they ascess a. patient their first visit.
As to what to ask first, I am unsure because I was sent to my neurologist for a whole different problem, and my neurologist diagnosed me with the fibromyalgia.

The neurologist I'm seeing didn't do that :( I can easily tell the guy you are seeing a good one! The good ones usually do that kind of things, the others just sit on their chairs, barely looking at you when you try to explain them what's going on, just waiting to kick me out, lol. ight be seeing him this week, will finally get my MRI results.

Hi All- I see a neurologists every 2 months for trigger point injections in my neck, shoulders, and upper back to help me deal with the pain. They make a HUGE difference for me. I also have the neurologists refer me for PT in the pool and she also can prescribe somd meds (gabapentin, Lyrica etc.) I still have a GP who deals with all the other issues I have (sleep issues, continues with my prescription for Hashimotos (thyroid), heart issues and general health stuff. I found pool therapy was the best medicine!

I went to a neurologist and they don't really do much. Took 20 vials of blood and made me squeeze his hand and other stuff then said I probably have fibro (even though I told him I did). Never went back, good luck!

I have constant pain between my shoulder blades. I have had it for many years, but it has gotten much worse lately I can only sleep lying flat on my back with a heating pad around my neck and shoulders. I have other problems, too. Like my shoulders are always very sore, and its always so tight in my shoulders and around my ears and mouth. I have tried about everything there is to try to get relief. The only thing that has helped at all is deep tissue massage.
I never know if it is worth it to try another doctor like a rhuematologist? I know they are treating fibro now. would they be the ones to treat a hiatal hernia?

I got in early and seen him last thursday. He ordered an mri of brain and spine and an emg. Emg scheduled for 14th. Mri, dont know yet. Anyone go through the emg? See many different experiences online.

Trigger point injections in your upper back between the shoulder blades and around Here C4-5 has helped me tremendously. Depending on what the orthopedic doc says, you might benefit from facet joint injections as well. Just a thought. It works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back