DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
Hi All,
My name is Monica I have had this aweful disease for 6 yrs now and have been through hell and back with every medicine there is. My main problem is that im allergic to anti inflammatories which you really need with this. I finally found a Dr in pain management 2 yrs ago and he knew how to treat me and cared he put me on a patch called Butrans and oxycodone which I have been on oxycodone for 8 yrs but when I have had a bad attack I went in and he would inject me in my trigger points with laticane about 25 injections and Iwould get relief for about 24 hrs and he was my angel from heaven but I went in feb and they said he wasnt there anylonger the dr in charge didnt renew his contract and I havent seen him since so I had to switch to another place. So I went in the new place last month and the dr just gave me what the other dr had given meand that was that. And I go again next week. But last night it started with a vengence and hasnt stopped im in the worst pain I have been in since the beginning and I just called this new dr and they are seeing me today at 2:30 and ill see what he is going to do for me. My other dr just new what to do and when I called my old dr he would call me back but this new place is all very impersonal and they dont let yiu speak with the dr. I feel like just shooting myself at this point cause nothing is releaving this massive pain through my entire body.im at the point today which I ask god to take me cause this is unbearable.

Good Luck i hope you get the help you need.

Good Luck i hope you get the help you need.

Ty Willow I have had this for alot of years and usually know how to ease it enough to tolerate but since yesterday afternoon it started and it has gone to the worse extreme it has ever gone and nothing I have done even eased it.

Don't despair Monica. We are with you and God the Master Healer is with you and knows your predicament. You are not suffering from a terminal disease. You can try to be less dependent on your doctor. Try the following investoug: Increase your intake of Magnesium through supplements; have someone assist you for a 20 noi massage; eliminate caffeine from your diet; purchase a U Comfort pillow to support against neck pain; consult zur physician about prescription for Xyran and Savilla. Wishing you quick recovery.

Remnant I have been being treated for 8 yrs now and have tried everything under the moon and im allergic to so many things that is why they out me on a narcotic and I do do all sorts of things to relieve this, but this time is the worse nothing I mean nothing is helping this time ive did pool therapy yesterday and heat and ice and meds and message and nothing is easing it this time I habe tried every medication there is for fibro and most im allergic too not just a little I break out in hives and my throat closes. And yes I was dependent on my doctor cause in 8 urs nothing worked except je did trigger point injections and it gave me relief for 12 to 24 hrs and when your in scrutiating pain you will do anything to relieve it and I will still rely on my dr to help thats why they are there when you try everything and nothing works they are there to help u

hisolblonde,

I understand what you are going through. Just a few days ago I was praying for God to have mercy and kill me. Well, he did have mercy but Im still here. (not always thrilled about that) These very intense flares are so horrific! I know you are mourning the loss of a dr. that really knew how to take care of you. I'm so sorry!

A month ago one of my special docs moved out of state. Just a few weeks before ,I looked him straight in the eye and asked him if he was going to leave also,(someone else left and we were talking about it), he laughed and said he had no plans of going anywhere. Then his mother got cancer and away he flew!

I don't know about your state but I recently was told by the hospital nurses where I got the knee replacement 2 weeks ago that I need to seriously consider trying marijuana so I could get off the narcotics. It seems, though on the lowest dose of drug patch, (I used to be on Butrans too, but was allergic to the chemical that causes the Butrans to release slowly. When I'd take the patch off to change, my flesh looked like hamburger). Anyway, I'm on the lowest dose of Fentanyl now and hydrocodone for breakthrough pain--for 2 different chronic pain issues, NOT FM--if I were to need more pain meds than they can give me in hospital ,(say I was in an accident and messed up 2 different places requiring surgery), I could not be helped. There are now many types of mj grown, some are really helping the FM community.

I'm slowly exploring this and will ask my pain management Dr. tomorrow when I see him about it. NEVER IN MY WILDEST DREAMS DID I THINK I'D COME CLOSE TO ANY OF THIS! But there you have it, it is what it is and I'm now grateful for the relief. (but not relief at any cost)

I do hope this is a flare rather than the new state of affairs for you, it most likely is. Please do the little things that help your body overcome some of this :hydrate, pace, etc.

Please check back in for any further help, questions or just to vent.

i am in a very bad place myself hisolblonde and would love to type more words of encouragement....just to say i totally get it. I try everything but my pain is relentless to point i feel i am in a breakdown more or less all the time.

i pray you get some relief and send you gentle hugs and if nothing else heaps of understanding...wish there was more i could do. Take care and let us know how you are doing soon.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back