Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2012
Country
ind
State
sumatera selatan
what kind of pillow suitable for our neck pain. any recomendation. my spinal stenosis in c5-c6 and combined with fibro pain disturb my sleep lately. i sleep on my back. my rls become aggregate also. i need some refresh from the pain.:roll:

I have down pillows. They are exspensive but work.
Also if you can't get one right away, take a towl roll it into a 8"round log, put under yor neck. I've done this in times of trouble. Physical therapist gave me that one.

Im a pillow freek! I have to agree with moe1959, down pillows allow you to mold them to fit and are soft on your tenderness. They can be pricey so my tip is th get a medium-to high density, if you get one to full they are harder to mold and if they are not full enough they don't hold their shape! Be picky, I have one that has ended up in the dog bed because the feather vains (not sure what that's called) poke even through a pillow cover and case. I know probobly TMI.

I use synthetic down, or "alternative" down pillows. I can mash it to exactly what I need. It was $40.00 and I nearly fainted at the price but can't sleep w/out pain without. If one is too fluffly you can open up one end, pull some out and sew it up till it begins to "settle" and then put some back in. My sis does this and it helps to not have to drive 60 miles back and forth to town to constantly exchange all those pillows.

Have you tried using a buckwheat pillow that you can warm in the microwave? Another option is an athletic sock (Or you can create your own neck pillow if you are crafty) filled with uncooked rice (we add a little lavender or other soothing herb to help with relaxation.) They are nice at bedtime, and really come in handy while traveling or even watching television.

thx for sharing , i will try them one by one. they are quite expensive. i will inform later.

The average person tosses 80-100 times every night. This results in interruption of sleep and painful sensations. This is heightened in patients with FB due to allodynia (painful response to stimuli that should not normally cause pain). But there is light at the end of the tunnel. The comfort -U pillow was developed by a nurse who was herself suffering from FB. It has a curved shape which curves around the neck on both sides of the body right down to the legs.

I have many different types of pillows, and each one seems to serve a different purpose. I recently replaced my reading pillow because the one I was using was too heavy and unwieldy, so I got a lighter weight one that worked better for me. I use a buckwheat pillow, because it's very flexible and molds to my body. That's not my main sleeping pillow, but is one I use specifically when my cervical pain is acting up more than normal. I alternate heat and ice packs when my neck is troubling me more than usual, and anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers, as well as hot baths, also tend to help.

My pillows are medium density down, because they seem to provide the amount of stability I need. I also keep a bolster pillow handy. Usually I use it between my knees, but when my cervical pain is worse, I tuck it under my neck, and the support decreases the muscle tension. I have times when it seems my head weighs 100 pounds, and just holding it up hurts. At those times, these methods are particularly helpful. I hope you find a combination of approaches that works for you, and you're in less pain soon.

I think that we are really lucky to live in this day and age because the fact that there are pillows out there to help out with neck pain is great, and there are a wide variety too and some that you can get specialized to fit and all of that good stuff. I know that the foam that forms to your head is great for me, and I cannot remember the brand but that was a good purchase for me and I have heard of several others who saw benefits as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back