Not open for further replies.

nhsososo4

Diagnosis
06/1995
Country
RSA
State
Western Cape
I have heard of a few cases where people with fibromyalgia have been reported to have fallen pregnant and delivered normal healthy babies.

The risks associated with this process is that at times when you are pregnant you may have similar symptoms to fibromyalgia such as fatigue, tiredness, back pain, a lot of stress as a result of a change of body due to fluctuating hormones. This is more evident in the first 3months of pregnancy when the nausea levels are still very high as well. thus in such situations causing a lot of misdiagnosis.

How do you prevent the situation where you are told your symptoms are due to one instead of the other as that might cause a lot of damage. In most cases people are given wrong medication and are told no it is due to pregnancy and only to realize later on it was not just pregnancy but both with the disorder.

Well, I think most people who have been diagnosed with fibro and have been living with it for a long time, are quite aware of the symptoms fibro causes... so when a woman with fibro gets pregnant, she's quite aware her symptoms are either caused by fibro or pregnancy. When you are pregnant you can't take pain medications anyways, so having fibro and being pregnant is a really difficult time for a woman with fibro. Extremely difficult & stressful I must add.

I wasn't given any medication for that stuff. You aren't supposed to take most medications because they could impact the developing fetus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back