Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
DE
Hello, I was diagnosed with fibro October of 2013 and the intensity of this illness has picked up quite a bit in the past few months. I suspect that I have had this since 2009 having made many trips to the doctor for pain in my back, hip, shoulder/neck/arms, legs and feet. I finally broke down last year and went for a colonoscopy and got a diagnosis of IBS as well. I am hoping to find a doctor in DE who can help me treat this without medication....I am very sensitive to meds having had many reactions that make the IBS unbearable. I would appreciate any suggestions...also has anyone had any relief from pain with accupuncture?

Here is a follow up to my request. Delaware is a small state and I have called around looking for a new rheumatologist to treat me without pharmaceuticals. I have been told repeatedly by the office staff at various rheumatology practices that I have called that in my state once a Fibro diagnosis is made, rheumatologists refer you back to your primary care physician for pain management etc. Unfortunately, my PCP cannot offer me anything more than I have already tried such as physical therapy and pain meds that disagree with my digestive system. My PCP said that there is not any monetary incentive for rheumatologists in Delaware to treat Fibromyalgia and that is why I am receiving the brush off. I did have an office manager at one of the rheumy's offices refer me to a doctor of osteopathy for help but the treatments start at $195 per visit and are not covered by my health insurance. Since I am not currently working I cannot afford treatment that my health plan will not cover. So, I just try to get as much sleep as possible, exercise when I do not hurt too much and try to eat healthy. I truly sympathize with anyone who is suffering with this disease. Hopefully, someone will find out what causes this so we can all find relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back