Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
MO
Hello, I'm new to the forum.. I have an appointment with my Doctor soon.. I'm a little nervous about bringing up the possibility of having fibromyalgia..because I have been going to her for over a year and never mentioned it, because if I;m not in pain I dont think about it,,
A little history, the all over body pain started about 10 years ago,, every month or so. my entire body would ache from head to toe, I would be in so much pain I could hardly move.. The only thing I could do to get rid of the pain was take a very hot shower, a couple of tylenol go to bed ,, eventually the pain was coming 2-3 days a week
Then the pain went away for about 4 years.. until about 18 months ago and these last 3 months have been horrible,, I wake up in pain,,almost everyday especially if I have done any kind of physical activity the day before,the next day I'm in major pain.. I also have noise sensitivity, sleep problems, memory problems. It started last week when I moved my neck I could hear crackling noises,, I came on this forum and looked it up and learned it is another sign of fibromyalgia..
My Doctor is treating me for severe depression, which is under control.. She also gave me a prescription for tramadol for chonic pain I have in my rt upper back.. it really helps the all over body pain too..
Sorry about the long post, is it possible for fibromyalgia pain to go away for years ? or am I having aches and pains from getting older,, I'm 61 yrs old, work full time as a LPN .. Thanks in advance for any replys

Welcome, some one else was saying there fibro went away for a few years , then come back worse then ever.
If your Dr has done blood tests and every other test out there , and everything is ok then yes it might well be fibro.
There's no harm asking her is there,x

I have to say that mine has come and gone in some severity through out the years. I am now 56 and was working as an LPN also but I contracted two stomach infections that sent my anxiety spiraling out of control and also sent my fibro into over drive. I have not been able to work since Dec 2012. and am on full disability. SAD

I have come off Zoloft after 15 years on it because it no longer was doing anything. I am as of now on Lorazepam taken 3xs a day .5mg am/ .25mgs afternoon/.5mgs bed
started low dose of gabapentin 6 days ago (100mgs at bed) am told I can increase to 300mgs at bed...so far have felt a little pain relief but not gone totally.

Sorry I hijacked your post. What I can say is that I probably have had Fibro for a looooong time but never knew it until 2 years ago and yes the pain for me can come and go....just doesn't go anymore

HI there lujoy
I may (Or may not) be the one Forgetmenot was talking about as another person whose fibro went away and came back. Yes it is entirely possible I am so sorry to have to tell you. Mine went away when I got pregnant 21 years ago and came back after protracted chemo treatment, worse than ever. Mine started at the neck the way you describe it both times. I'm on Lyrica, it helps, but addictive. Get a referral to a Rheumatologist. They're the Docs who treat fibro in Australia anyway. I didn't want to face it either. Both my GP and I found many different causes for it (and they were legitimate) but no I was left with fibro because of the various maladies I experienced. Do be courageous and know that others are on the same path. Sal8)

noise and light sensitivity, memory problem. Neck cracking , sleep problem , pain 24 hour from head to toe is 100 percen fibro. I have that for 4 year. The pain will never go away. We can only ease it.

My pain would do that. It would flare up for 2 or 3 week, sometimes 3 months. And then it would disappear. And flare up again weeks, months and yes years later. And I would never know where the pain would start up again. (hands, legs neck ) So I do believe it can come and go for any amount of time. Although the past 2 years it has not gone away, it seem to do that though. As the years passed it would happen more often and be worse, until it finally just stayed for good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back