weak arms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firbomyalgia makes us feel like we have been hit by a truck, not the muscles relaxer called Flexeril.

you are correct that cymbalta is an SSNIR and antidepressant. they will also cause seizures and loss of vision.

many studies found that in some it does help pain and in some it does not help pain.

like i said it blocks pain signals, which in turn blocks the number of messages to send pain everywhere.

thanks for taking the time to look up that information and share it with us.

I have the same problems with arms, sometimes it is difficult to read a book,holding it or using my IPad for a long time. I also can't take very heavy packs as feel how my fingers started to be plastic. It is better to avoid all possible discomfort body positions, try to keep our back and neck straight but without tension. I do some simple movements ( it takes me 5 min) each morning,just to feel my body, to warm up muscles. And repeat them during the day from time to time.

cmetryme
Oh I see! Sorry I misunderstood what you meant! Sorry I got kinda snappy, you didn't offend me. What do you find that helps the most for your fibro problems?

Zolisindigo, I do some stretches also, although I don't do them often enough. Maybe I should try doing them more often through the day, I do sit at desk all day! Thanks for that info!

scren.

im just glad that you researched something and posted what you learned here. that helps everyone here.
please be sure you want to continue on the cymbalta as it really does cause vision loss and seizures!

i find that the gabapintin helps to reduce the number of knife pains and reduced the numbness in my hand.

i find that the tapping helps a lot. moving around, and venting helps very much.

dark room, foil over windows in bedroom reduce the fatigue as that causes a lot of pain and will make your body shut down.
get the healing REM sleep. that is so key.

i work out with a body blade. one minute work outs, works all muscles and you hold the bow loosely. fibro hands this make it easy.

i had a DNA test done $2,000. it found that my body takes two months to process a drug. everyone is different.

i am on 45 mg of morphine. enough to knock out an elephant! it dont affect me like that. but after two years they now seem to be helping.

i have moved to higher elevation as 4 doctors told me it would help my pain levels... it does please try it. take a day trip to the mountains.
get a break from the pain. its worth the gas money to be in heaven for a while.

i have five of the most painful things a person can have. there is no cure for them.

Lupus has only two meds for treatment. i have a sever reaction to them. so i cant have it treated. the other meds for it are pain killers like morphine. ive been in a flare up now 3 weeks maybe more. it feels like someone put lighter fluid on me and set me on fire! the snf has no treatment just take morphine for the pain.

I have no choice on the meds. the natural stuff does not help me. detoxing my body helped. do it naturally.

i have purchased an RV for folks that want to come to the mountain in AZ for some relaxation and reduced pain.
if you or anyone wants to visit please private message me and i will be happy to have you come.

may you all have reduced pain in the future!

Zolisindigo, please tell us what and how you do those five minute movements so we can try them too.
thanks so much for helping folks here. (god is watching)

I do constantly the same.
You may choose what works for you,do everything without tension.

Links Not Allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
I do constantly the same.
You may choose what works for you,do these exercises with joy.

Sorry Link Not Allowed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are they:

Take time to loosen your muscles first. It will help you avoid injury. Start with your feet and work your way up. Make slow, circular motions (clockwise and counter-clockwise) with all your joints until they move easily. If it hurts, stop.

Daily stretches can help your joints move more smoothly. You may hear this called range of motion. Focus on the big muscle groups: calves, thighs, hips, lower back, and shoulders. Hold the stretch for 30 seconds. Stop if it hurts. Try to stretch two to three times a week.

Wall
Place your palms flat on the surface, one foot forward, and one foot back. Leave your heels on the floor and lean forward. Feel the pull in your calf and the Achilles tendon at the back of your ankle. Hold the position for 30 seconds. Switch legs and repeat. Stretch each calf three times.

Isometric chest exercise
You’ll tense your muscle without any visible movement. Here’s how: Hold your arms at chest height. Press your palms together as hard as you can. Hold for 5 seconds, then rest for 5 seconds. Do this five times. Slowly build to holding the press for 10-15 seconds at a time.

Isometric shoulder exercise
Stand with your back against a wall and your arms at your sides. With your elbows straight, push your arms back toward the wall. Hold for 5 seconds, and then rest. You can repeat this 10 times.

thanks for sharing that zolis.

you will be able to use that exercise in responding to other posts.

take that exercise and copy and paste it into a word file.
then when you are asked again or see where it will help someone you can cut and paste it into the post without having to type it all again.

great job. your helping. i thanks you for caring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back