Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
This is a shout out to all new patients that are newly being prescribed Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia. Before I start in to those whom Cymbalta helped,( good.)
But for those whom are new to this drug.....Please please please read the side effects that can happen, and the terrible road to recovery from addiction to Cymbalta. I feel a sense of responsibility to the general public to sound the alarm. I find it outrageous for one, that the fda has tied the hands of Dr.s in prescription pain meds, but opened Pandora box to this new Medication for pain, after all we are all depressed now, and we should all take lyrica and Cymbalta . And... not only start you on it but sucks you into addiction, confusion, weight gain, family's torn apart because the kids don't know who mommy is now, and why are mommy and daddy fighting all the time? I've saisd enough.
Watch the u tube tape of this sweet woman who went through hell before you enduldge. It's called symbol take withdrawl, I wish I was normal.

Re: Warning!!!

Thanks Moe x

Thanks this is why I have been so hesitant to try any medications. I try herbal methods along with acupuncture but I can't seem to get enough relief so I don't know what to try next Any suggestions?

Swimming really helps me. At first I just went and paddled around during public swim. It made me feel do much better! I was gradually able to do more - now I can swim laps, albeit slowly.

Totaly agree..i fear that fibro is the new big pharmas absaloute heaven! ..i do not and will not ever take psche drugs for fibro...and especialy for a "disease" that doesnt even have a definative origin.And i dont even know what it is! I feel flat enough as it is without any more emotional blunting and dumbing down thankyou...btw i am one of those people you mention who had most of my 20s and 30 s wrecked due to prescribed meds...pass me the magnesium and coconut oil.
Thankyou for this post x

I agree also dk.. I believe exersise if its at all possible... is better than anything else..it doesnt always stop the pain but ive found it helps improve my mood which makes it much easier to cope with..

Well it's like tramadol isn't it. I went through hell getting off them.
I've been told the gabbpentin I'm on isn't addictive but I don't beilive it. And I'm sticking to 200mg a day.its works it helps.but I'm not blind to the dr anymore .ty moe xxx

I've been on Cymbalta for over a year now, and one of the only real issues I've had with it is that I gained 16 pounds. I can stand on my feet for so much longer than I used to! It has made a big difference in my pain levels.

The only other thing that helps with the pain is Duexis (which is basically 4 Ibuprofen in one) or simple stuff like Advil or Tylenol.

Exercise is good for working on those 16 pounds, but all I feel afterwards is sweaty. Yoga has helped a little with stretching my back out.

I honestly don't think I'd be functional without my Cymbalta. What is similar that anyone can recommend?

Its always apt to avoid chemical medications if you can. Cymbalta is a powerful antidepressant for increased intake of serotonin and norepinephrine and reduces pain. Natural interventions like St. John's wort and Magnesium supplements as well as exercise can be introduced to see the difference since they are not addictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back