Status
Not open for further replies.
my post is below for some reason. i was unable to edit so there mistakes, sorry, first post here. i also wanted to say that medical marijuana works very well for pain, even really bad back pain. i have four popped discs, degenerative disc desease, scoliosis, a newish hip and i had a disabling shooting pain down my right leg, femoral nerve. pt , stretches, massage helped get rid of that. mmj help as well. if you go to a dispensary tell the person about the type of pain you have, they can suggest something. i would suggest a heavy pure indica or nearly pure indica. i am in colorado so grow my own meds. anyway, as i said my post is below i think it will be... mmj used with opiates magnifies the effect of the opiod so you can take less or none at all. i suggest getting a good vaporizer rather than smoking it. john

ok my post was lost. the gist of the matter is that lyrica is highly addictive. the insidious side effects are not like opiods, there are similarities but lyrica works on the brain to block pain. once the brain gets used to it, it is really hard to even cut back. it causes insane thoughts, horrible nightmare thoughts and bad,pain when i cut back. stay away from lyrica! my dr. knows nothing about it or how to quit, same with all the drs. here. they prescribe it but have no know idea what it can do. i was on hydrocodone and morphine and quit. it was horrible but mostly physical, pain, a month of the sh#ts, hot and cold sweats, inability to sleep. for lyrica withdrawal you have all of the above plus an overwhelming feeling of chemically induced insanity. the most awful thoughts of things happening to my dog like picturing her getting hit by a truck, bad, bad thoughts about people i care about or me falling, hitting, death. i would rather take heroin to get off the lyrica, then deal with the heroin. at least you can get help for heroin withdrawal but i haven't found anyone that helps get off lyrica. if anyone has gone through quitting, please post how. if i lower dose by 30 mg from 400 mg i go into withdrawal. i do make mmj oil and that helps. good luck to all, john

Dag Gone It! Why don't they just give us some Percocet's for the pain and call it a day. I am so sick of the hoops we have to jump through just to get treatment. They even had the nerve to try suboxone and zubsolv on me after I told them I don't need medication everyday. It's hit and miss with this disease. Sometimes the pain is tolerable, sometimes its not...why can't they just believe us. I just keep praying for a cure, strength, and patience in dealing with the doctors. And if one more of my bothers and sisters in Christ tell me to "stop claiming it," well, I guess I'm just going to have to teach them better. LOL love yall, Pastor K

medical marijuana helps me a lot. much better than opiates and you can grow it in the garden yourself. no doctors, no scripts or pills.
this lyrica is the worst. i held back 25 percent of my dose yesterday but felt so terrible i took a full dose again today. i was sick all day. my dr. has nomideas on what to do so he doesn't do anything. good luck, john

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back