Not open for further replies.

Cindy

Diagnosis
09/1995
Country
US
State
NC
New member. I need any ideas of things that have helped you with fibromyalgia. I've had it for years but it's become much worse this year.

Cindy,
welcome to the forum. I would suggest that you read through the different main topic lines on chronic pain and general questions on fibro. But I will tell you a few tips I have learned and used over the years. For muscle pain I first off bought a fiber bed pad that is filled with cotton and is about 3 inches thick. They come in all bed sizes and you lay it under the sheets on top of your mattress. It makes you feel like your sleeping on a cloud. They come filled with feathers too. I also have a full- length vibrating pad that can massage any area of the body from neck to feet. It has a heat element to it as well. I also use epson salts in my bath water before going to bed, it relaxes the muscles and is good for the skin. Be sure to use moisturizing lotions on your skin as well. The most important things are to get plenty of rest and don't push yourself in doing more than necessary. I used to do every chore on my list thinking I was saving myself time, but in the long run I wore myself out and was not good for anything. So get a lot of rest. Wear socks to bed to keep your feet warm and prevent cramps. Laying a blanket over your lower leg area can help stop cramps as well. Hope this helps you. Please join in around the forum and hope you have a good day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back