Not open for further replies.

edouglas

Diagnosis
05/2013
Country
US
State
mo
I was diagnosed Friday with fibromyalgia and am confused lost and all alone! I don't know much about it at all , in fact all I know is it is chronic pain! Thus said I am currently on gabapentin 1800mgs a day and lortab 5 which doesn't help! Nobody believes how much pain I am in not even my doc I've said I need more pain meds or a higher dosage but he doesn't listen, how could I make him believe me after all I am only 22! Any suggestions would help! Thank you elicia

edouglas,
Hello and welcome to the forum. First off I hope you will take time to read through the different pain topic's and try and find more ways to control your pain. The best way to do this is to relieve stress. When you get emotional upset the muscles in your body tighten up and after a time can not relax on their own. So you feel constant pain. Using massage and taking baths in warm water with epson salts will help your muscles relax. Also by laying back and reading a good book or going swiming at the local pool. Try doing some hobbies to take your mind of the pain. You might need a change of medication to certain meds that are for fibro., but by begging your doctor for more meds may be making him think you are addicted to drugs. Try a different approach and research the different fibro meds and ask him if he thinks any of them would work better for you. If you just started gabapentin it takes about two weeks sometimes to get it working good. It needs to be taken at the same time every day to really do a good job. Hope you stay around and read and learn, and post and answer others questions. See you around the forum. :)

Thank u for the welcome and reply and I have been on gab for four months now for lumbar degenerative disc disease and doesn't help I also didn't list my relaxants flexeril 60 mgs three times a day and I don't even know where to begin on the thoughts of others down to my fiance and his family telling me its in my head and no way I could possibly hurt that bad, I can't understand why I hurt so bad let alone explain to them!

Thank u for the welcome and reply and I have been on gab for four months now for lumbar degenerative disc disease and doesn't help I also didn't list my relaxants flexeril 60 mgs three times a day and I don't even know where to begin on the thoughts of others down to my fiance and his family telling me its in my head and no way I could possibly hurt that bad, I can't understand why I hurt so bad let alone explain to them!

This is something many of us go through, disbelief from relatives and friends. Many of us end up sorting disbelievers out of our lives. They are a drain on our self esteem and add to our pain.

What sort of medical imaging have you had? MRI's yield more information than x-rays so, if you can afford one, an MRI will provide evidence of your pain's source. Since you have been on gabapentin for several months, you may be able to find a pain clinic in your area. If you can, consider shifting all of your pain management away from your current doctor, to the pain clinic.

If the source of your pain is located in your lumbar spine, you might benefit from a second opinion. Don't take my word for it, but the diagnoses of fibromyalgia might not be as accurate as another diagnoses might be. I suggest you get a second opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back