Casper 37

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
West Yorkshire
Can someone please help me?
For years I have suffered with aches and pains and irritable bowel syndrome. Over the last four months I haven't slept more than 4 hours in one night. Once in bed I sweat even though I'm not hot, I get dizzy spells and cramps. The most recent thing is muscle pain in my thighs only. It began in my left leg and felt like I'd torn my muscle badly although I couldn't recall straining it. After several days it went, but has now returned in my right leg and I was only sat watching tv. I've discussed the possibility of fibromyalgia with my doctor but he says your too young ( I'm 36 ) I'm so stressed and confused I know something is wrong. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Thanks in advance :)

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this. This forum is a good place to learn about fibro. It is also comforting to know someone on the other side of earth knows how you feel.

First, I want to say your Dr is very wrong about your age. There are teens even on this site with fibro! 36 is really the right age for it. Is your dr an older physician? I think the age thing is an old school of thought. Please find someone supportive of this diagnosis. Fighting fibro and your dr is hard. Fortunately my PCP is well studied on it and my rheumatologist.
Can you get in to see a rheumatologist?

When mine first started, I was so dizzy, I had to hold on to the walls and furniture. Have you researched fibro? There are multiple symptoms that come with it, IBS is one of them.

Casper37,
Welcome to the forum. When I first started with the symptoms of fibro I was about your age, so your doctor is ill-informed on the age part. Not to say you have fibro, but it is very possible. When my started I was having trouble staying awake, and fell asleep where ever we went. I finally went to bed and stayed there for two weeks until my strength came back. So fibro can cause many different problems and symptoms for anyone at anytime.

But now you are on a forum that can help answer your questions and provide you with some hope when you are depressed, and truely understand the pain your in. Please take time to read through the old and new posts, and hopefully you will find some hints and solid coping skills to make your life easier and have you suffer less.

Ask questions and give answers to others on the forum and you will be sure to make some new friends. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back