DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
NJ
Hi all,

I'm Kelly, I was diagnosed with Fibro & Chronic Fatigue in early 2012. I have since stopped all medications (about a year ago now) and am doing ok but still in pain most of the time. (not chronic pain like I had in the beginning but enough to notice)
I stopped the meds because I am supoer sensitive to meds and was having all these crazy side effects that were making it hard to work so I quit them. I was going to one of the best Drs in Jersey but stopped because all he did was pile on meds which were making me sick. I came to this site in hope of getting some much needed support. No family, single women and non one to talk to who understands. :sad:
Also- I have a non-curable sleep disorder where I do not go into level 4 sleep for a long enough period of time during sleep which I believe is what started all this. (my mom has lupus but they ruled that out early on)
Looking fwd to chatting with you all.

-K

Hi, Kelly and welcome to the forum. It is one thing to have fibro, but it is even worse to have fibro and no one to talk to and ask for advise. I feel sure you will enjoy being apart of this great group of folks dealing with many of the same issues as you and getting some support in the process. Good luck and I hope to see more of your posts soon!
Elizabeth

Thank you for the warm welcome Elizabeth! :)

Hi all,

I'm Kelly, I was diagnosed with Fibro & Chronic Fatigue in early 2012. I have since stopped all medications (about a year ago now) and am doing ok but still in pain most of the time. (not chronic pain like I had in the beginning but enough to notice)
I stopped the meds because I am supoer sensitive to meds and was having all these crazy side effects that were making it hard to work so I quit them. I was going to one of the best Drs in Jersey but stopped because all he did was pile on meds which were making me sick. I came to this site in hope of getting some much needed support. No family, single women and non one to talk to who understands. :sad:
Also- I have a non-curable sleep disorder where I do not go into level 4 sleep for a long enough period of time during sleep which I believe is what started all this. (my mom has lupus but they ruled that out early on)
Looking fwd to chatting with you all.

-K
Hi Kelly -I've had fibro for 25 yrs but wasn't diagnosed until a sleep study picked up alpha-wave intrusions. Is that the same as no stage 4 sleep you're experiencing? I'm to make an appointment with a Dr who specializes in "weird sleep problems" -my rheumatologist's words,not mine. I've already tried Xyrem (prescribed by the Neuro who was the first to diagnose me after years of trying to figure this out) but I still couldn't sleep. I've been holding off making that appt will do it today. How are you managing your (lack of) sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back