Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
I have had a bad case of tennis elbow in both elbows now for close to a year. I've learned to cope with it just like the rest of my daily pain and fatigue. I take Naprocyn and use stabilizing supporters on both elbows, which helps quite a bit for a while. I am an artist and musician, so I really need my elbows!

My rheumatologist diagnosed the tennis elbow and told me what to do to cope with it, but I was and am a little unclear. Could tennis elbow be a part of Fibromyalgia, or did I just get that on my own through repetitive use? Have any of you experienced this kind of thing?

emilyj I feel it might have a factor in the level of pain you are in. I was speaking to a women today that has tennis elbow, and she is going for other tests, and I told her maybe it was Fibromyalgia that has been causing her pain to be worse. She looked puzzled, but, I hope it causes her to ask her doctor if her extra pain could be from Fibromyalgia.

I think it's just like my carpal issues: not related to fibro at all. That kind of lesions take place independently from fibro, no idea if fibro make that kind of things to happen easier and with no effort, but I do know that I developed mine because I spent way too much time playing video games, so it was all about the strain on my wrist and all those repetitive movements :(

Thanks for the input. It seems reasonable to me that the tennis elbow is not related to the fibro, but the pain could be made worse by it.

I'm playing the piano for a musical tonight, and I'm just praying I get through it okay. I am so tired and achy.

My husband was in a lot of pain with tennis elbow Emily. His gp gave him a steroid injection straight into the bone and it worked wonders! Immediate relief and no more pain.

Really? Wow, maybe I need to look into this. I could really use some relief from the constant pain. As if it weren't bad enough fighting off fatigue and pain everywhere else. Ugh! Thanks so much for the tip.

Hi Emilyj

Tennis elbow is a repetitive strain injury that is directly caused by doing repetitive tasks over an extended period of time. You mentioned that you were an artist and musician, chances are this is the cause of your tennis elbow. The only thing that will permanently get rid of tennis elbow is by doing specific tennis elbow exercises. If you want 3-4 weeks of temporary relief - cortisone shots help but they are only a short term solution.

Exercises for tennis elbow help strengthen your damaged extensor tendon on the outer part of your elbow. Without strengthening and thickening this tendon, you will always have pain.

Hope this helps.

Gunter

At least for me, my elbows feel sore quite a bit. It is one of the places where some people seem to have pain when they have Fibromyalgia. I also have it in my neck and shoulders and it seems to be the most some of the most intense pain that I have when I have a Fibromyalgia flare. It can be from repetitive motion as well, but I tend to be sore when I have a flare up. The best thing to do is to rest and stretch the areas that hurt the most. It's such a hard balance to find what works and what doesn't, everyone is different. I hope you feel better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back