DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2002
Country
US
State
MN
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and am happy to be here. I have Fibromyalgia, was diagnosed in 2002. But I had a doctor tell me in 1994, that he thought I may have it. To little was known about Fibro in 1994. I am in constant pain and try my best to keep going. in the past 8 months I have extreme weakness in both hands and now my legs. I have more medical tests coming up in the future. Wonder if anyone else with Fibro has this kind of weakness.
look forward to talking with you and becoming a friend.
Thanks,

Hello Cardinal,
Welcome to the forum. In answer to your question yes I have trouble with weakness in my hands and arms and legs. I had many tests to try and figure out this problem with lack of any real reasons why other than my fibro. I can only suggest that you don't push yourself into walking long distances or on uneven ground. when you do walk try to keep moving and don't try standing in one spot for any length of time. A cane or walker might give you added support. My weakness seemed to be in my upper thigh areas on a slant, thus the weakness came on suddenly and either froze me in one step unable to move for pain for a few minutes or else my legs would totally give out on me.
As for my hands I started dropping things and had shakiness that increased with this weakness. Raising my arms for any length of time is impossible. I finely resorted to complete bed rest until my condition improved. Now as long as I don't over do I can get along reasonably well.

I suggest you read through the chronic fatigue section, as well as, the alternate methods and general discussion topic's for more coping skills. And of course consider me a new friend. :)

Last edited:
Hi 1Sweed,
Thank you so much. I will do a lot of reading on this forum.

welcome to the forum. we all look forward to your posts. it will help you and the others here. 1sweed gave you good advise. i can only ad to that by telling you keep your cell phone on you at all times. take things slow. may some good days come your way soon.

Hi Cardinal, I am from MN too. My husband has fibo and curses our weather here to no end. Hopefully the upcoming spring will give you both some relief.

Hi Cardinal, I am from MN too. My husband has fibo and curses our weather here to no end. Hopefully the upcoming spring will give you both some relief.

I live in Northern MN. Winter cold is very hard on my fibro but the summer high humidity can be just as bad. What has given me the most relief is our central air we put in 3 years ago. It keeps the indoor air with less humidity. I wish the best for your husband as this can be a very trying disease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back