Reason
Friend
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Mi
Would someone who has fibromyalgia be able to go without meds? Or sit at a bar (not drinking, was designated driver) for over 12 hours on St Patricks Day, or sit in a car for a road trip from michigan to Florida? I have a friend who says she has fibro, however she never misses a social event. I think she's using it as an excuse to not work and get sympathy.

Everyone is different in their response to fibro. Some people have less pain and fatigue then others. And some people suffer more from weakness then pain. While others can hide their pain by just pretending everything is fine and dandy. However, there are some people who may fake having a disease to avoid working or to just get pity and free handouts, but it is hard to judge others in these matters. You can think anything but without proof it only can hurt your friendship. And too as long as her condition is not a burden for you, I would forsake any ill feelings toward her and try to be supportive. If she does not have fibro, down the road the true nature of her illness may become more visible. But in the meantime don't reject her, but try to be kind and understanding.

hello, go without meds? i did that for many years. cried a lot. the things you described would not be hard for a fibro person to do. sometimes we have to buck it up, so we can have a social life. i go to a bar all the time. i do volunteer work with seniors 3 times a week. seeing or being with my friends as i tell them is worth the pain. whats the difference if she has it or not? she was the DD and cared enough to get her friends home safe. thats what you should be focused on. not weather you believe they have fibro. you cant see a headache or the pain from it. we still go out when we have them. fibro is like the headache. enjoy your friendship and be thankful you have someone that cares enough to get you home safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back