Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2014
Country
US
State
ky
I am so happy to find this group......it will be so nice to be among others who understand the pain! I started to write "understand how I "feel" but that makes it sound like it's in my mind and we all know that is NOT the case! That is one of the reasons that I've tried not to mention the word "fibro" after I married 20 years ago because my husband is convinced it is a label given to people who imagine pain! I've actually been dealing with "fibro" since I was about 18 but had no clue what it was nor did my doctor. I am 50 now and after going secretly to several doctors (didn't want the husband to know), pleading for help but being told I look good and that all of my blood work is great (including the numerous times they have checked my thyroid), I have decided, with the nudging of my therapist, to be aggressive about finding help! My 2 children, 11 and 16, deserve the best mom I can be and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired! Oh yeah, hi everyone!

hello Tali,

First id like you to read my two posts under general discussions. "what is fibromyalgia" this will help you understand whats happening.
fibro is real and so is the pain. im not sure keeping it from your hubby is the right answer. you need support as this only gets worse over time.
i would try the clothes pin on him. the next post is called "starting a daily log book and why it helps" start this book today. it will help you and your doctor understand your body and you wont have to be nudging of your therapist anymore. it will help you find your trigger to the pain and help you see if the meds are working or not working. you need to know this with each new med you get.

your not alone and you found a caring place to chat,vent and learn. welcome to the group.

It might help your husband understand, if you were to bring him here and read though those posts together.
he's no doctor and he should not be making statements he knows nothing about. he needs to learn first, then he can judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back