Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2001
Country
US
State
CA
I'm a 43 year old woman diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2001. My health issues started after a car accident and fall in 1998. I was able to work part time until 2003 when my symptoms became severe.

I was hospitalized for 3 days due to severe pain which kept me from sleeping for 3 days. I Feel like I spent much of my life going to doctors. I used to be very active in outdoor activities and had a very healthy social life.

After 2003 I was on SSI Disability for 10 years. I lived with my Mom which was very isolating and I felt depressed a lot. I still struggle with depression.

The best thing that has ever happened to me was meeting my husband. I told him about my fibromyalgia from the start. But he saw that fibromyalgia is just something I deal with, it is not who I am. We will be celebrating our 3 year wedding anniversary this August.

I often thought no one would want to be with me with my fibromyalgia. I even had a mean spirited person call me " damaged goods". But you are still the same person as you where before your illness. You are even stronger and more compassionate to others who suffer.

The auto accident sounds like the trauma that pushed you to FM. I manage the FM with all supps and otc pain meds and higher doses of MSM powder thru the day. The trauma that pushed me into the FM was emotional. Make sure thyroid is in good shape. Glad you have a good partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back