Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2004
Country
SA
State
Western Cape
I've reached a point where I'm at the end of my finances and feel like I have no options left. I live in a country that provides no disability support and the with the pain im in at the moment plus not being able to sleep has meant that finding another job is impossible. I have two children who still need me although they are 17 and 22. My older son has borderline personality disorder and stays in a step down facility. We all have depression. Although my family are well meaning there is not any practical support forthcoming. We have a social worker who is trying to help us. My daughter is going away next year. I struggle at the moment to do basic things and the reality of my limitations has hit me now. As people around me do not understand this I isolate myself during flare ups. Any advice

hello,

learn what you can.
read my post under general discussions what is fibromyalgia.
this will help with making folks understand your pain.

Having a flare is something that drives many ppl to wanna run and hide till it's over your not alone there.
And to be honest the last thing u want is well meaning ppl around all the time.unless there going to make u dinner or help with the washing . And let's face it most ppl just want your time. That's not to say some ppl have wonderful friends ,but don't feel bad for wanting lock yourself away for a few days xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back