Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
Warwickshire
Hi
Starting out on this journey. Have been suffering pain, lack of sleep and all the associated things that come with that on and off for years.

The last three months have been almost constant pain, and have finally gone to the doctors, and am going for blood tests today.

Doctor seemed a bit dismissive, with a 'if nothing comes back, it will be all about pain control'. So we'll see.

I can cope with the pain (mostly), it's the foggy head I find difficult - relying on lists and my diary like I never have before, constantly feeling like I've forgotten something....

Well, that's me - glad to have found a forum where I can find help/understanding

Welcome yaaaaaa uk . I'm affaird were a bit rare on most sites ,I have no idea why . Anyhow welcome . My brain has got so bad I can forget within seconds what I was saying or doing. I do believe my drugs have done a lot to aid this. I'd be scared if I remembered to be.
Still it makes my kids laugh. I must be bloody annoying really . I'm always saying where did I put my phone.where did I put this or that.
And I'm 42 .but I have the brain power of mash potatoes.
If there is as the old saying goes a book in all of us mine will have a lot of blank pages.i did say welcome did I.? ��

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm 43! Feel like 93 some days!

I never did relish in the fact that someone else had the same ills as myself, but I have to admit, it's reassuring knowing IM NOT CRAZY ! Feeling like your 40 years older than you are is NOT! Anyone's cup of tea.
Putting all the dots together about fibromialgia is very, sobering? Scarry.
This week I ran into an old friend, about 8 yrs older than me, and her schedule and energy next to mine was terrible. I walked away recognising what A terrible state I was really in. Maybe staying reclusive is good, what I don't see I won't know.
Oh well?.......

I'm not relish the fact someone else has got it im just plds to see someone else from the uk ��

Well, first round of test results are back......all bloods normal.

Got to wait two more weeks then got fir Vitamin D tests......

One step closer , I bet your bet your vit d is low

Hi I am a newbie from the UK. How are you doing?

Welcome willow , your not to far from me ��
Tell us a little about yourself.

hi forgetmenot, I am a young 55 ha ha...in spirit but not body!

I got fibro in 2008 and after long time coming to terms with such a life change managed to live with ups and downs and still be reasonably active and have a good life by listening to my body and giving up things i could not do without severe flairs...driving, heavy housework or gardening which i loved. I have joined due to recent severe symptoms and its impact and have done a post called 'help' probably in the wrong place under newbies!
I have a great partner but still it's soooo hard and will be nice to be in contact with those who truly understand.

I hope you are having an ok day.

Last edited:
Check your meds , gabapenton lyrica.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back