Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
nc
Hi everyone! I was diagnosed with both fibro and peripheral neuropathy last year and have since been following the forum, but not posting. Just gathering info from as many sources as possible- not that I can remember it! Memory and exhaustion are terrible. Being a hairstylist, a new salon owner and mother of 3 boys. Stress is NOT helping. I am grateful to have such an amazing family and husband, but he is a fixer who does not like seeing me in pain. Every time I have a bad pain day he wants to analyze everything and make it go away. It's been a struggle for him to just be "ok" with the "it's a fibro flare" synopses when he wants to be able to find a reason and prevent it the next time. Super fun....but yall have been a great help, just being able to read and feel a sense of community.

Welcome. I am new too. Men like to fix and find solutions....they hate to see the person they love hurting and unless you can feel it it must be hard to understand. My partner is kind and supportive but sometimes seems to think my muscles etc will recover like a normal persons...if i rest or excercise or whatever we try we know it has a mind of its own!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back