Not sure if I have fibro but feel like it is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carriebeary

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Minnesota
I have periods of time where I have no pain. But then I have periods of time where it hurts to touch parts of my body. Like it feels like my bones hurt. I also get very tired. I went to a rheumatologist and at the time was not having flare up symptoms. She checked the pressure point areas and they were not sore when she touched them. However right now, if I touch them they hurt like crazy( two spots on my shoulder blades on both sides, two spots on my upper rib cage on both sides, my lower back on both sides, both hips and both knees) So can the pressure point pain come and go also, or is it always present? Just weird that it didn't hurt then but hurts now. It feels like my bones are achy not my muscles. Thanks in advance

mine are there all the time but i didnt know about pressure points when i first got fibro and they definitely weren't as bad in the beginning. Fibro often starts gradually with long periods of remission in between. I had fatigoe on and off for years but no pain ..then pain started after long period of stress and gradually spread from legs feet and hips to upper body.

we are all different....i wish you some pain fee periods ahead. Yes it does feel like bones because the pain goes so deep.

Mine comes and goes. I'd ask to go back again and this time tell them how it feels .but yes pain can move around a lot with Fibro .

right now my pain is permanent. 24/7 hours in the neck, hand , upper and lower back, hip , thigh, tension headache and other . i cannot sit for to long , impotence and imsomnia. also have restless leg syndrome.

It's crap , but as for the impotence. Well firstly your in pain All the time no one can cope with that and have a good love life.

Abt 10 years ago mine started. Episodes of flu like symptoms the I would be fine for abt 2 1/2 wks. Then the cycle repeated. Let me say I never slept, had IBS and depression. I am controlling depression with meds. The IBS seems to rarely flare up. I think diet changes helped a lot.
Now that I am older,64, the fibro is most of the time. However, I am sleeping now and that seems to help. Plus I am taking naproxen sodium 500 twice a day. I am also on neurotin. I guess it is helping, hard to say.

My docs only mentioned fibro when they could find nothing else.

I have periods of time where I have no pain. But then I have periods of time where it hurts to touch parts of my body. Like it feels like my bones hurt. I also get very tired. I went to a rheumatologist and at the time was not having flare up symptoms. She checked the pressure point areas and they were not sore when she touched them. However right now, if I touch them they hurt like crazy( two spots on my shoulder blades on both sides, two spots on my upper rib cage on both sides, my lower back on both sides, both hips and both knees) So can the pressure point pain come and go also, or is it always present? Just weird that it didn't hurt then but hurts now. It feels like my bones are achy not my muscles. Thanks in advance

I have no idea if that can actually happen, but I can talk about my own experience. I had this done by a really nice rheumy, sadly those pressure points didn't bother me then, so we ruled that out. Big mistake, because they started to bother me later when I touched them. Just like you. No idea if is normal or just a rarity.

Sorry for your inconveniencing flares. Its part of healing and the learning process to identify your pressure points. Its gets better that you don't have allodynia. Do you have a pain journal? It would assist you to know your trigger points in case of radiating pain the sort that starts at one point and spreads to other areas. In my case, whenever I have pain, I try to postpone medication as long as practical to give chance to other interventions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back