Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people have trouble getting a diagnosis, and wind up bouncing around the system for years. That doesn't mean that every person will have to spend years to get a diagnosis. In my case I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 4 weeks after I first went to my doctor about my pain. I got pretty lucky - the rheumatologist was able to see me just a few days after I was referred.

I want to repeat, autoimmune diseases are treated differently than fibromyalgia. It is important to start treatment of many autoimmune diseases early to prevent progression. The best person to take advice from on this topic is your doctor.

Yes, you should get checked, and maybe get another MRI just in case. I got one done where my CM didn't show up, but it did in the CT scan, back in 2011. Odds are the person who was supposed to inject me the contrast agent didn't do it well or maybe another mistake was made, don't know. In 2014 I got another MRI done and there it was the CM! So, I'd say check that again, specially because you have some symptoms that seem of neurological origin, it's better to rule that out. Make sure they inject the contrast dye, and always ask the neurologist if he can see if it was administered or not. They can tell. My last MRI didn't show the tiny CM for that same reason, but it's there and has been there for a really long time.

Hi all :)

Thank you very much for your input.

I especially find the pain scale a helpful idea.

As for the supplement idea, I was coming back here to post that I started taking magnesium supplements (saw it mentioned in a magazine article that was talking about ways to relieve pain and since we had some in the cupboard figured it was worth a shot), and I have noticed quite a significant difference in pain (for the better, I mean :) ).

There have still been little twitches of pain but I have had zero days where the pain was actually noticeable for more than about 10 seconds at a time and it's been very mild at that. Hoping that it's a long term fix, but I'm still going to keep an eye on the pain and other symptoms when they do show.

Maybe I just have trouble meeting magnesium requirement?

It's probably also worth mentioning that I've had a few weeks without much stress, so if stress in any way exacerbate's pain/other symptoms then it's probably not surprising that I've been feeling quite a bit better :)

Thanks very much for sharing so much info :) I really appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back