DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
3/2016
Country
US
State
Connecticut
Hey friends,
Haven't seen a post from me because i'be been trying really hard to work and do homework I know many of you guys read in my previous post. I do go to school for dermatology and I have about 10 weeks of clinicals left but I had to delay my studies because I was sick so I start again in 2 weeks also before I was sick I had dropped my hours from full time to part time I was supposed to work 3 days a week between 22-25 hours but my body literally couldn't handle it so I only could handle 1 day 6 hours. Lately I guess I been on this kick of trying to be the old normal Keri without having fribro and feeling fine so I been pushing to go to work run around and do errands push on this homework despite the pain I was in. I worked 2 long days this week and last week but today my body came to it's breaking point I pushed my body into a fibro flare its 2pm I CANNOT get out of bed I'm in this tear jerking pain EVERYWHERE haven't even eaten yet I cant move this is soooo horrible this was a wake up call to say the least I just can't do it anymore but I'm also very very broke and I have bills to pay so it super hard when I'm not working to that made me push more. The thought of going to the ED crossed my mind because my med apparently don't work when I'm in a flare up. I'm scared because I haven't started school yet but I know when I go back its gonna be very bad and hard on me because I can hardly do work. I'm stressed, scared, and in a flare up. I definitely need so gentle hugs and support love at the moment

I'm sending you some of those gentle hugs! I have done the same in the past, feeling so good for a few days that I thought the dx couldn't be true, only to fall flat on my face within a short time. I understand at schools there are people who can help you coordinate classes, etc. for the disabled. They make sure you have all you need to accomplish your academic goals. Perhaps they could even help you get the disabled paperwork, etc.
Will a hot bath help just now? or shower or heat pad? Remember to drink LOTS of water to help flush out toxins and when dehydrated it can take 2 weeks to make it up! Take your meds and supplements so you will help this along quickly. (I'm beginning to feel like your mom ;)
Take care, you are in my prayers!

awww sweetie,im so sorry your feeling so crappie. Everyone goes through this at times.all u can do is peace yourself and cut out the things u don't need to do even if u do feel well enough.
you have to learn to peace yourself darling .always leave what u can for another day.

Hi kerikay, I hope you are feeling better today. I wish I could give you a good advice, the best that cross my head is that you need to find a new rhythm for your activities, adapt to your condition.

Thanks RuralChick and Oportosanto today I'm actually still feeling really bad day 2 of the fibro flare I slept through most of yesterday but the pain was horrendous yesterday the pain is a little less horrendous but still absolutely horrible its literally going from a 10 to a 9.8 I am really thinking about going to the hospital if I don't get a pain break because I'm bound to my bed and trying to take these pills that don't seem to be working very well. My doctor said I might need to decrease my schedule. I'm just have to see how school works out. I'm more concerned at the pain I'm in at the moment thanks for the gental hugs I can really use them I tried hot pack hot shower didn't really work. I'm trying to drink a lot as well. Please keep me in your thoughts

That's something you need to consider seriously, if the pain is that bad you need to decrease your schedule and readjust it to what you can really do. I think that drinking can help. Also, have you tried osteopathy?

Receive the warmest love and comfort the best can offer. I really empathise with your situation especially the flare ups. Have you been tested for lupus? I resonate with the fact that you have bills to pay. Have you made some lifestyle adjustments? Like cutting out on dairy, caffeine and excess salt as well as upping the ante with regard to exercises. Be your own best friend. And don't let depression well up in you. The battle against adversity is won or lost in the mind. Wishing you the best.

Receive the warmest love and comfort the best can offer. I really empathise with your situation especially the flare ups. Have you been tested for lupus? I resonate with the fact that you have bills to pay. Have you made some lifestyle adjustments? Like cutting out on dairy, caffeine and excess salt as well as upping the ante with regard to exercises. Be your own best friend. And don't let depression well up in you. The battle against adversity is won or lost in the mind. Wishing you the best.

Hey Everyone still flaring up. thanks for all the hugs and support. the medicine seems to not even be touching that pain. I just really wanna get myself on a good routine so it will eliminate some of the flare up's my rhemy said i she only be working part time with the way my body is i wanted to move out of my moms house because i feel like its not doing do great on me with both of us having chronic illnesses but on the same hand i don't want to be alone when i have a flare up and money since i can only work part time thats really my concern although i can maybe have a roommate but i don't want to place burden on anyone and i cant wait to finish school so i can find a job the with a little more self management Someone told me i can try to get like rental assistance but idk how or if i would even be a good candidate. lots on my plate i probably shouldn't be worried about them right now because it could be causing me pain to get worse

I'm new to this forum and don't know you personally but I hope things get better for you! I definitely understand what you're going through. It's hard to push yourself too far, and in this day and age you have to to make a living wage. You do need to take it easy though, because you don't need to be putting yourself in flare-up mode constantly. Have you tried working online? There's lots of things you can do online to earn money, so if you'd like to hear about some then let me know! I would be more than happy to help you out.

Thanks kdb890. Lately I been having lots of flare up which makes me miss a lot of days of work as well and if I miss days no money to pay the bills I would really love to work online but with some of the sites I find do not pay a substantial amount of money because if they did I wouldn't have any problem doing it.if you know of some good ones please share. Hugs

That's the issue with working online, many times it's a lot of work, but not a lot of pay. Eventually you can find a full time online work that can give you a full wage?

Hey buddy, hopefullythings get better for you and solve all your problems, remember to go school, respect your parents anddo your homework in order to be a happy boy, I send you a strong hug and hopefully you solve your problems for real, I know what it feels like to have problems and it sucks, good luck.

Aww, Keri I wish I'ld read your post sooner. I'm sending you some gentle hugs. Keep going girl, even if you have to lighten the load and take a little longer, you'll get there and we are all in your corner rooting for you.
Hugs and prayers. XXOOXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back