Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2016
Country
US
State
ar
I'm lost....don't know what to do next...mayo basically said it's all up to me to get better...how am I supposed to get rid of extreme pain anxiety and depression on my own??? Prescribed Cyvila and sent home. My poor husband is trying to understand but is frustrated. I'm so scared....any advice wld be great...

Mayo sure is an interesting hosp system. Mostly I hear often if you are one of the diseases they are really into you tend to get great care, if not they diagnose you and send you home- yours is not the first case I have heard of this happening. Is your husband frustrated with you, about your health, or about your medical care?

Does that med have another name? I can't find any info on it and the closest med I can find is a particular kind of drug that may not be appropriate to mention here I'm not sure on the rules. By any chance did you mean Cymbalta?

I am sorry you feel so lost! That is totally understandable given you got "diagnosed and dumped" from the sound of it. What do you think would make you feel less lost, resource wise? I'm pretty good at finding such things- I don't have the power to take away your pain though sadly.

Hi. I understand. My advice is to find a good rheumatologist that is kind and thoughtful. I am a male and I see a female rheumatologist. She is wonderful. Living with fibromyalgia is not easy for us or our loved ones. The support you receive from your family, friends, coworkers, etc. will go a long way in helping you to cope. There is always a reason to keep on hoping. It may be found in the journey or it may be in the destination. Extreme pain, anxiety, fear, depression brought on by this life change does not go away on its own. You can't simply wish it away. One day at a time. You will find relief. It will take time and you can learn from others before you. Your situation is as unique as you are and yes, you will need to learn and discover what works best for you.

It's all about money isn't it.at the end of the day.if your not diagnosed with something that is fatal the government will find a way to stop u getting disability.just like the dr ,won't give u meds because they cost to much money ,makes me so angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back