Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2016
Country
UK
State
Uk
All the pain. The pills. The doctors appointments. The feeling like a failure because i cant complete normal, once everday, ordinary tasks. I have to rest after drying my hair. Which i can barely do. I need help to cook, or must rest or sit while doing it. Its crazy. Im only 23, i just feel like, this wasnt supposed to happen, this wasnt in my plan. How do i come to grips with this?

Im just trying so hard to come to grips with this, but my job makes it hard as well. (Im a teacher) its holidays now and in trying so hard to get it sorted but it just feels like its elluding me. Any recommendations for managing this? Anything that seems to work or help?

Im applying for a blue badge as well and they sent me a form for medical evidence - my doctor is a rheumatologist, so shes been handling most of it. She spotted it really quickly, guess i was lucky, especially after hearing some peoples stories of waiting two years. She already suspected it after a month, i think, because she deals with a lot of cases of it.

I just assumed the blue badge people would contact my doctors - do i need to ask them to write me a statement? This is all so overwhelming. I just want help and cant escape the feeling that im just being denied it.

Gotta stay positive. Gotta hope that someone has answers. That ill keep learning how to manage this. I just wish i wasnt so confined to my house. I feel so crippled now, and it feels like theres no excuse for it, as this thing is invisible.

Just feeling down. My partner wants me to get better. I love him to bits but it gets me down sometimes as i dont know if i can get any better. It just seems to be getting worse and worse, especially with my mobility.

On the home front everyones being amazingly helpful at the moment. Dad helped me with cooking (opening tins, etc) and my partner helped me walk to the local shop to grab a drink and lollie. Got to walk the dog a little, she seems to understand my issues and never pulls on the lead anymore (thank god!) Shes a staff cross so a real powerhouse.

Gotta stay strong. And remember the wins.

Tyger, Can I assume a 'Blue Badge' is a disability status? I know you are having a hard time of it, especially at your age, and the overwhelming symptoms you are experiencing now. There are many things you can add to your tool box; have you tried getting your vitamin D checked? You may have to ask for the blood test, being low on vitamin D can cause more pain with Fibro. Hot showers or heating pad or bath can help relax those tight muscles. We are also notoriously low on magnesium, I take a powdered form that works in just 5-10 min. D-ribose helps me with energy, and look into some anti-inflammatories as we have lots of that as well. B-complex is important for the stress our bodies are under. There is more, and you can find help on the web and books. Little things can add up to some real relief. Unfortunately we are all so different, so what helps one may not help another. It is a big trial and error syndrome! You will get to know what things work for you so the feelings of being overwhelmed, etc. will be a bit easier to handle. I have been more isolated since FM but I have learned much from it--like the steadiness of my husband. Celebrate the little things!

Hello darling. Well now a blue badge means u can park the car where u want.thats all.
Yes u need to call them up and ask for a form, or u can find it online.they will probably ask,to see u and means test u.its very simple but a pain in the bum to have to go and sit there , and prove u need one.
What meds have the dr got u no btw .

I am in the same boat. I am 24, married, started out life after college super optimistic and hopeful. Started a new job, pain started within 3 months. This was 2 years ago and I'm at a new job now because pain got so bad I had to quit. I used to consider my life ruined, and still sort of do, but now it's more like changed. it's taken me two years to be moderately used to living with pain. It is overwhelming, and I don't have fun anymore. All I do id manage my illness and go to work. It's basically ruined my relationship with my husband, who I love very much but sometimes accidentally take out my pain on. I'm about to move to a new city for a job and I'm hopeful, because there are amazing doctors there. (Nashville, TN.) If you want to talk, you can contact me. We're near the same age so I feel I can understand some of the emotions you're having. Being chronically ill as a young person is such a kick in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back