Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Does anyone think this is what we have,old age.in body's that aren't old.i worked with old ppl for a long time.and we seem to hurt and get stiff just the way they do,
Is it possible that our body's think we're older then we are,
I bet I sound nuts huh.i didn't take my pills on time tonight,I can hardly move.everytime I think I'm good and could go back to work.i miss a dose ,only a few hours I mean,and bam I'm flooded.
Sure these pills keep me going.but at what cost.and for how long.im not feeling very logical tonight,mr Spock would not approve .

Hi Forgetmenot,

I understand your statement about being old.

We all feel older then we are with fibro.
It's not fair!!
But everyday I say to myself " your going to get better" just take it slow.

We can't rush or push ourselves to work, Or wil just go downhill.

I think the best way to look at this illness is that someday we will improve and get better.
It might not be totally back to normal for ourselves, but we will be able to function much easier.
We have to keep moving and not just sit in a chair all day.I know if we do , u just get stiffer. So it's good to move as much as u can.

Have a good day
Sagey

And u don't sound nuts

Are you still taking tramadol and gabby all the time Forgetmenot? Fibro isnt logical i think our pain is much worse than many old people..my older family members of the next generation up even my auntie and Uncle in thier 90s are way healthier and active than me and get out and about regularly.

I know not all older folk are so lucky but i am by far the most disabled member of my entire extended family..and that's a lot of people!

I know that if I don't take my medication right on time I have the same feelings you do when it seems like I'm out of business for the next few days as far as feeling old I am 52 and feel like 92

Does anyone believe in the weather having a lot to do with pain and fatigue

Hello forget me not if I can ask how many milligrams of gabapentin do you take a day and tramadol for your condition I am new to this blog and I'm just looking for some information on my condition if I am being treated the same way as others thank you Jeff

Feeling 'old' is a good description of fibro, at least in my case. Before FM I worked out at a gym, played 4-5 hockey games a week, and was in the best shape of my life. Now, it's all I can do to climb a set of stairt... sad, but true.

I hear you. I used to be pretty athletic too. Now, like you, I have to be careful about climbing stairs. It's very annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back