Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it's a longer flight, Florida is much nicer than Minn. this time of year. Your cup is half full Joyce, not half empty.

AL.

thanks all for your responses. Actually I see my cup as over flowing...in a good way. Even though I have times I feel negetive (and who here doesn't?), I count myself blessed as I have a family who stays by me, a home to call my own in the best state in the USA, a computer to talk with friends daily and a God who loves and forgives me even when I screw up!

Now with that said...I really hate flying! Its so uncomfortable. Does anyone here get extreme pain if the cabin pressure is not kept level on take offs and landings? It really is uncomfortable, and I have to take a heavy narcotic just before take off and sometimes (if the flight was longer than 5 hours) before we land. I really hate doing that. Then there is the weakeness that seems to worsen and the spasticity that gets worse because of stress.

But alas...if I hear from Mayo Clinic in Florida and they do indeed take my insurance...then I guess I will grin and bare it for the sake of getting the PLS diagnosis on paper and the insurance to pay for more. I just still have a hard time believing that docs here in AK are afraid to write it down, yet they treat me for it and say they really believe that it is pls. Its costing a fortune to have to do it this way.:cry:

I do have one more cruise in my horizon if we can manage to keep our accounts up to pay for it. It will most likely be my last since I found out that I can never regain back the strength I had last cruise after walking for 2 miles in San Juan, Puerto Rico. On the plus side...it has given me new ideas on how to get to see the places I want without expelling as much energy by walking distances.

Last edited:
Joyce. When you go on holiday, take a wheelchair and get pushed about. That way you can see all the wonderful places and not give up travelling. You dont have to walk the distances yourself.

I lived in bonnie Scotland from 1993-96 and speaking of ciders, I have this story to tell. One summer's day, I took my youngest daughter to a nearby park. It was somewhat warm (never did get what I'd call hot) and I was certain my daughter had to be at least as thirsty as me. There was a wee little corner market open nearby so we went in to purchase something to drink. I saw this bottle of stuff labeled, "Lemon Shandy" and thought, "How nice! A lemonade! Just the thing!"

For some reason (hopefully other than plain selfishness), I took the first swig from the bottle of "Lemon Shandy". Wow! It was then I read the ingredients on the label and noticed it had an alcohol content of some outrageous percent for a lemonade drink. It also had a familiar taste of beer. It was mostly beer with a splash of lemon. I could just hear my wife should I come home with an intoxicated 4 year old. I suffered through the shandy alone and found another, more suitable beverage for the tot.

Funny, Kim! Good thing you--being a careful father and not selfish--tried it out first. Six years in Scotland. I am jealous. Oh, well; I just wanted to visit, so I guess I can simply be glad for you.

OH, Johnny, I am so slow. I finally get it with the big head. Aren't you proud of what you've pulled off?

My 22 year old son is spending the next 4 months at university in Aberdeen and I'm so jealous! His flat mates are from Nigeria, Germany, India, and Finland and they have been exploring the local pubs, I'll get him to look for Lemon Shandy although I think northern Scotland in February is nae too hot!

As I understand it, the big head is for getting the PLS threads moving--a joke, but Johnny and I were chatting about the quiet a while ago. Johnny, if you see this, and your head is congested, feeling tight, let me know I'm off base. I am used to being a nitwit...

Kim. Great story, but I would have thought everyone would know what a shandy was. My dad used to make us a shandy when we were kids. It was a treat! The one he made was mostly lemonade with a hint of beer. Yuck they were rather sweet and unpleasant, some treat.

Johnny. I had no idea who had a big head. Anna a bit faster understanding than me.

I had never heard of a "shandy" before. We didn't have that sort of thing where I grew up in the suburbs of St. Louis. There was a product named, "Near Beer" which was a non-alcoholic beer in the 60's/70's but nothing labeled "shandy". Shucks, as I recall, this particular Scottish store had the shandy in the same compartment with the soda pop.

anne.. even the great barry g wants to know bighead.....well the clues will be there....but am sorry to say your clueless just now........loves the pooler..

Well Kim, the suburbs of Scotland probably are similar to the suburbs in NZ. They just love there beer! Can't believe it was with the soda?

Johnny still can't understand your riddle! Even more confused now. PLEASE tell me what you are on about. I am going crazy.

Oh, Johnny, I am sure whatever you're up to, it will be funny--and fun. I am sorry I've been the "Minister of Dis-Information". Too sure of myself entirely!

sure do hope that johnny has something good with this kind of build up! Now the pressure is on johnny! I haven't a clue to what any of you have been going on about. ale is beer right? or is it cider like apples? or maybe its apple beer? And I figured a shanty is not a run down building but a lemon knee high thats been spiked! Now I might have led a sheltered life when it comes to drink, most I ever have is a pina colada when cruising in the caribbean, and thats seems to be once a year! However my pa was prone to drinking a 6 pack a night of budwiser and he still does, says he is too pickled to die!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back