SherriD

Diagnosis
08/1995
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi,
I was diagnosed 20 yrs. ago when I was 18. I did all the things required of me at the time to try and live "normally" but I became really cold and angry to the whole fibro community so I decided that I would go about my life like I didn't have anything wrong with me. When the pain hit, I'd take a few painkillers and try to find a way to deal with it on my own. I haven't been on any medication for about 9 yrs, I got tired of walking around like a zombie. There have been so many times that I have secretly hoped that Dr.s would find something else wrong with me whenever I had tests done, so I get get rid of this fibromyalgia label. The more I heard about fibro, the more I distanced myself from it. I even got to the point where I doubt people if they said they had it.
Well times have changed and I realize now that I can no longer "run" from this illness.
It's kind of funny though, all this time I thought I was running from it but it turns out it was actually running me.
So I saw this group and thought maybe it's time to surround myself with people who are dealing with same things.
Looking forward to getting to know all you you!

hi hun...and yes a lot have tried running for years ,,,,but it will always run us...so sit back turn the music up and listen....to the folk that are all 100% with you

Sherri, We have all felt that way, I guess because for a long time most doctors did not believe in it and were rude and nasty with patients that had it. I too used to wish I had some other illness that had a name doctors would know how to treat and therefore would be much eaiser to live with, but it did not happen. I have the "hidden" fibro that makes life harder for those that have, but we learn to live with it the best we can. I know you will find many new friends here and also new ideas and ways to cope with the problems and pain. i look forward to reading your posts and getting to know you through sharing and opinions. :)

Hi Sherri, I agree, it's nice to hear from others in the same situation. So glad to see you've joined and looking forward to talking.

I sometimes like to tackle things one at a time and day to day, trying not to harp on the "fibromyalgia" diagnosis. It is what it is as they say. I know the feeling of "zombie" though, it's terrible, the fog as they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back