Not open for further replies.

fibrogal

Diagnosis
07/2008
Country
US
State
Alabama
Hello, I wanted to introduce myself. I just found this site last night. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for 5 years, the summer I retired from teaching. Like most of you probably, I suffered for years before finally having all the pieces of the puzzle fall together. I can't even say that being retired has helped my pain at all, but it sure has helped my emotional state, as I had a very stressful job.

Besides fibro, I've been diagnosed with arthritis (have a knee replacement), cervical spinal stenosis, depression, anxiety, tmj, bursitis and tear in rotator cuff. I enjoy connecting with others who share this syndrome (or disease!), as I find it quite a lonely illness to have.

I'm blessed in that my husband is very supportive and caring, but it wasn't always that way. I suppose his being retired and seeing my limitations on a more constant basis has caused the change. I'm just very thankful that he is understanding.

I look forward to getting to know others here.

fibrogal,
Welcome to the forum. This forum is filled with lots of coping skills and members wanting to connect with others, so I think you are very lucky in finding us. Look through the different topic's and post to your hearts content. There are topic's on pain and fatigue, and a spot to vent anger, plus fun topic's on hobbies and other stuff. If you have had fibro for five years you must know some ways of dealing with symptoms that you can share with others.

I look forward to seeing your name around the board and will try to answer any questions you might have. You can even start your own blog if you want to. Just look at the headings and click blog. It gives you a chance to create and post on your own blog spot. Hope to talk with you more through your posts. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back