Not open for further replies.

KateUK

Diagnosis
02/2010
Country
UK
State
Scotland
Hi everyone, I am new to this site and still finding my feet!

I was diagnosed with Fibro about 3 years ago and it is still a daily struggle. The worst part of the Fibro for me, besides the pain, would have to be the RLS, the Fog and the fatigue.

The RLS keeps me awake at night, my partner is now used to being kicked in the middle of the night haha, but I still have some very sleepless nights! The Fog is more annoying than anything, when I'm talking to someone and I completely lose track of what I'm saying, or I get my words mixed up, like when I tell my daughter to put her dirty laundry in the fridge instead of the washer or when someone is talking to me and I lose all concentration for a minute and then they can get annoyed because I have to get them to start from beginning again! The forgetfulness and the short-term memory loss is really hard to deal with.

I hate when you are telling a stranger about it and some will look at you as if you are lying or making it all up or something, has anyone else had that? It's so infuriating. For years, before I finally got diagnosed, I had a lot of the symptoms but I tended to keep them to myself and not seek any medical assistance for it because some doctors I have seen have looked at me and I could just tell what they were thinking...."this woman is a hypochondriac!"

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself to everyone. :cool:

Hi KateUK! Thanks for sharing your story and welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back