Not open for further replies.

MizzJAB

Diagnosis
09/2003
Country
US
State
CA
Although I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for a number of years yet, I also have ankylosing spondylitis which has been focused as spinal arthritis (now defined as D.I.S.H. in some spinal areas) and thus my pain relief has been focused on both as they interact, not specifically on the FM alone. Is this true for many of us, that there is/are co-conditions?

I never really got anywhere with the two major meds (gaba-pentin and Lyrica) for the muscle pain/trigger point pain and the like of my fibromyalgia and so I use both opiates and muscle relaxants, PLUS medical cannabis to really release muscles in my lumbar area and subdue muscle spasms elsewhere. Medical cannabis has been shown efficacious in treating neuropathic pain in recent studies at UC Davis Medical School. Heat has also been also very useful and varied relaxation exercises help as well.

My cervical spine is so malformed at this point that it leads to 1-2 headaches daily. Pain costs me energy, focus, and accomplishment levels. I regret these losses and feel them in my heart and soul at times. I am pleased to join with you to seek ideas and support, and provide whatever I can give.

MissJab,
Welcome to the forum. I am glad you found us and it sounds like you might have some good coping skills to share. Those of us that have been ill or have had fibro a long time can offer many little ideas that give relieve to others. I hope you will join in and post around the forum in the different topic sections. Be sure to read the back posts, as well as, the new ones. Go ahead and ask more questions and maybe you will learn a new coping skill that will make your days less painful.

And come on down to the off-topic section and join in on the fun of sharing a piece of your day or the other fun posts on the forum. See you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back