Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
tx.
Just wanted to post a thread for those who suffer from tounge pain. After going through a very stressful time in my life, I began to have horrible tounge pain.very frustrating because after going to my doctor, he refered me to a dentist who said there was nothing he could find. I experienced this pain for over a year. The only relief I could find was very teperarory relief from taking a tramadol which did help for a very short time but just masked the pain. Finnaly I whent to a pshyciatric dr. Because I was severly depressed and told him of my tounge pain to which he replied was very unusual. He prescribed me ambien,anti depressants. Because I had no appetite and wasnt sleeping well, he presribed remeron... which is also mirtaziphine. This med wasnt prescribed for anything other then the side effects were appetite increase and aid in stage 4 sleep. Oddly enough and by coincidence this medication almost immediately stopped the tounge burning, and it hasnt returned. I looked all over the internet to try to find something to cure this, but nothing worked.alot of people were dealing with this same frustration. So heres what I found that worked for me. I was told that this med wasnt a serotonin uptake med, rather it focused on class 3 receptors in the brain. I know how terrible tounge burning is and this is my attempt to possibly help those of u who experience this aggravating condition. GOD BLESS I hope possibly this could b a cure for some of you.....

Hello,
I think this might be because of mouth ulcer you are having on your tongue and just because of that you are feeling pain in your tongue...

I too have tongue burning and soreness. Mine comes and goes. I don't have any mouth ulcers. I'm glad you found relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back