Not open for further replies.

Whyfor

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
For reasons my doctor is unable to explain (what else is new, right?), I've developed a terribly painful case of hip bursitis. It mostly bothers me when I lay on my side in bed, and I wake up after about an hour or two with the most terrible throbbing on that hip. If I roll over, the pain dissipates after a little while, but then the other other side acts up! What's so frustrating is that I can't just lay on my back either because I snore so badly! Ugh!

We recently got one of those bed cushion things which helps a little bit, but boy is this miserable. Most prescription pills can't even touch the pain, and can't really prevent it from happening.

Does anyone else suffer with hip bursitis? How to do you deal with it?

I used to use aspercreme on my bursitis. I also put a bed pillow under my hips lengthwise and that seemed to give me the extra padding I needed when the pain was bad. Add the extra pillow on top of what your already using. I hope you feel better real soon.

For reasons my doctor is unable to explain (what else is new, right?), I've developed a terribly painful case of hip bursitis. It mostly bothers me when I lay on my side in bed, and I wake up after about an hour or two with the most terrible throbbing on that hip. If I roll over, the pain dissipates after a little while, but then the other other side acts up! What's so frustrating is that I can't just lay on my back either because I snore so badly! Ugh!

We recently got one of those bed cushion things which helps a little bit, but boy is this miserable. Most prescription pills can't even touch the pain, and can't really prevent it from happening.

Does anyone else suffer with hip bursitis? How to do you deal with it?

Try using a heating pad on the hip you're laying on. That's what I do and it has helped quite a bit. Still hurts though.

Thank you both for the advice! I had stayed away from a heating pad because I was concerned that heat would actually irritate the bursitis, but I will definitely give that a shot. I do love my heating pad! I'm also going to see if I can find a thinner pillow I can use, since I'm something of a "Princess and the Pea" type, where if I can't lay in just the right position, it's impossible for me to sleep.

Also, I think I actually have something like aspercreme in my cupboard. I'll give that a try tonight! Thank you!

Hello,
Yes i also had this problem when i was 18 and it starts while i am going to seat in bike after 5 to 10 min i feel stuck in hip joint. The solution this is a do Yoga lower part of body...

I've had what one Dr. called bursitis and one Dr. called tendinitis, for about 4 years. I've had periods where it has gotten better and periods where it is worse. Heat helps me-either a heating pad or hot bath. I also use Sombra, muscle rub. When it has been unbearable I had steroid shots in the tendons and that helped for almost a year. Unfortunately, that Dr. retired and Im in process of finding another. I hope you find some relief. Hip pain can be terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back