Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
CA
Hi all, Newbie here. This is the first time I have ever joined a forum. So, Please bare with me. :smile: I was diagnosed a year ago in January. It seems like I have been trying to find out whatever I can about Fibro. I don't understand why doctors think it's in your head. Is that just an excuse for doctors with the "God" complex? I am a very positive person. I do have chronic pain but I do not sleep like a lot of others. I get woken up by the pain but once I'm up I can't go back to sleep. So, I get up and move slowly until my head is clear. Fibro has become a big pain in my life. I use to go, go, go. "I was a fly by the seat of my pants" kind of gal. I was always up for an adventure. Unfortunately, not so much anymore.

I do do feel frustrated like so many others. I am interested in finding out so much more about it. I would really like to know why many doctors blow off those who are experiencing this disease. I feel for the doctors who are baffled by it, but, there are so many people who suffer from it that I don't think we are all making it up in our heads. I would like to understand it more from those who actually feel it and what it feels like to that individual.

I want to learn everything and anything about it so I can be the best me I can be. :? Lol
I have stayed fairly positive especially around my family even though I would like to cry. They don't understand it or why I can't do the things I use to. I made copies of the Spoon theory and they think they understand but they really don't. I'm not bleeding, I'm not hurt, I don't look sick, so it flies out of their head. They are only reminded about it when I say I "can't". I have lost friends, pretty much all of them except a few. It breaks my heart, but I think that those who didn't try to understand weren't really a friend after all.

Fibromyalgia has changed my life a lot, but I refuse to let it pull me down. I hope to some day have a support group in my area so those who suffer as I do, do not feel alone. I feel blessed to have found So..... It's nice to be here and I welcome all comments and look forward to new friends. Please "teach me" :smile:

God Bless,

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back