Fibro or Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome or both?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsWolf

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
SE
State
stockholm
I was diagnosed with fibro about a month or so and have been trying to get my head around that, then I go to see my occupational therapist to discuss how I'm coping with work and home. She noticed I was wearing a support brace(I have carpal tunnel syndrome)and discuss that then she asked if I was flexible, I replied that I was and then she said I may have EDS.

Now my question is can you have fibro AND Ehlers, or only one? I'm very confused right now:?

I think that if you have that sort of doubts, nothing like seeing another doctor and asking for a second opinion, at least that's what I would do.

My question is does a Occupational Therapist have the right to Diagnose? I thought only a physician can do that.

Wouldn't say she diagnosed me as having EDS, but she is posing the question as I fit the criteria.She will be sending a rapport to my doctor about what we've talked about and her own professional opinion.

It is possible to have both, I know people who apart from having fibro they are suffering of other similar issues, I hope isn't the case for you tho. But only a doctor can tell for sure, it is nice she seems interested in your well being and suggests things to your doctor, that in my opinion is very nice!

Thanks Trellum. Most of the family members on my dad's side are double jointed. I never thought that there was anything weird about it either, but now certain childhood memories are starting to add up, I broke my leg running a race at school, I often complained about chest pain and I know I had a heart murmur(never did have an ultrasound...), odd occasions I would get bad muscle spasms so I couldn't walk properly. So weird that I didn't think about them things before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back