Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2013
Country
US
State
TX
I've been taking Cymbalta for over a year now for my fibro. I started off for about a month on 30mg, and then was bumped up to 60mg, and have been taking that since sometime mid-April of last year. At first (and for quite a while) it made a massive impact on my quality of life. It no longer hurt when my feet hit the floor getting out of bed in the morning, and I didn't have nearly the aches that I did before.

But now, it seems to have stopped working. I've been flaring for about 2 weeks straight. Terrible sleep, constant fatigue, and worst of all - near-crippling pain. Today, my legs hurt so bad that I can hardly walk. Just walking from my desk to the printer at work nearly brings me to tears (and that's with my insanely high pain threshold.)

Has anyone else had something similar happen? Medications suddenly stop helping? Is there a solution?

I have an appointment with my PCP on the 14th of this month to check up on my asthma, and I'm going to mention the shift in my fibro pain, too. I'm just a little scared and frustrated. I hope there's a solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back