DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2002
Country
US
State
PA
Has anyone benefited from pain patches?

Rosie, the patch has aluminum in the material and i cant use it. the med in the patch is fentynal. thats if your using the same one i was prescribed.
I am currently taking fentynal in a new spray under the tongue ($12,000 per mo). you must be on morphine to take this med. first its very dangerous. you can overdose on any dose at any time. now with that said: it works good to relieve my pain. when i was on a higher dose it lasted 6/8 hours. now my doctor got scared when she found out from my insurance company that i'm not on enough morphine. she has lowered my dose well below the lowest dose the manufacture recommends. so now i feel it works maybe one/two hours.

now yours is a time release patch. read the med guide, learn from what i told you and make am informed decision.

I'm on the Fentynal patch for chronic back and kidney pain. At first I was given a different patch--sorry I cannot remember the name but it was fairly new. It also was time-released but I became allergic to it. At the end of the week when it was time to change it ,the area looked like hamburger! So I was switched to the Fentynal, it's good for 3 days.

The main problem I've noticed with it is hot weather--and it gets hot here in the high desert. Sweating can cause it to release too much of the drug. Sometimes I need to work outside in my garden, etc. for a little while. I can start feeling "funny" , (shaky, weak), if I get too hot with it. Naturally I'm now dependant on it but I hoping, if this neural prolo-therapy works for me, I'll be able to wean off it. As usual, as we are all so different in the way things work or don't work for us, it takes experimenting, research, and it takes time.

The opiods do not help me with FM pain.

Ruralchick, Fentynal is an opiod. if the patch is doing that to you, you can try the other forms of it. nasal spray, losenger on a stick.
ask your PM about the alternative forms. the nasal Spray is about $4000 a month. call the manufacturer for a coupon.

Thanks to all who took the time and interest
to respond. I will not be trying that pain patch
after all. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back