Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
uk
State
east yorkshire
Hi, so I thought id give this forum a try, Im a 35 yo guy, I have been dianosed with fibro since 2009 after being victim of violent street attack, with all the nastys that come along for the ride, chronic fatuige, cognative disfunction, ibs, restless leg syndrome to name a few, you know how it goes.
I've been prescribed every anti-depressant, pain killers and god knows what else, some worked (amytriptaline) although only for about 8 to 12 months then built up a tolerance. Tramadol although side effects were too much when taking them full time good for break through pain and to keep you going through the day but will burn you out in the end. And some very bad, (lyrica) just changed my personalty, also caused kidney problems, (trozadone) just plain nasty made me angry, crazy.
Am taking matrifen 25 patches now for the last 12 months, they get rid of alot of the pain but are pretty hefty medication, can't work with them.
also dyazipam 2mg 3 x daily for muscle relaxing, anxeity and sleep, work great but best taken only on a night time.
I have found the best medication is a high sativa canabis (iced grapefruit). All round cure for fibromyalgia, with little to no side effects, but illegal in the UK.
I have spoke to my rhyumatologist about this and agrees that a drug called (sativex) "made in the UK but only licenced for MS and only funded if you live i wales" would be what he would perscibe if his hands wasn't tied by politicians.
I have had 2 failed appeals for ESA, currently awaiting my 3rd Atos medical, im persistant! And just applyed for my first attempt at PIP, fingers crossed, am really struggling at the moment, had a kidney stone removed in 2012 via a uetreascopy operation and caused a huge fibro flare up so not working at the moment. Sorry for the terrible spelling and the ranting, Jamie.

Welcome Jamie! Trail and error with the meds is such a personal experience. One persons reaction can be so different from another. Im such a sensitive creature I steer clear from most pills and work on the fibro crap as naturally as possible (not easy & I sure to get pissed off alot sometimes at how hard I try and still in pain on bad days). Good luck on your persist ant work with the medical insurance paper pushers. There is a whole section here on Medical Marijuana and the the different types that people have found relief. Feel very free to rant & neglect spell check....

Hey thanks for the reply onwards and upwards, It really is trial and error the whole medication thing and it scares the bejesus outta me sometimes thinking what adverse affects they may have on my body over the years of long term prescription.
I have tried no prescribed meds in the past but unfortunatly could not cope, what is this naturally coping voodoo you speak off? Thanks again for the reply i found lots of info on medical marijuana on here, it seems to help so many people, is just so difficult to buy, or grow the right strains (lots of cbd) in the UK with it still bring classified a class b illegal drug, but would feel much safer taking that rather than strong opiate pain relief.
Hope your good days become more regular, Jamie.

Hi Jamie how r u? Im also a male who has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Have u found when u speak to medical professionals tht they are shocked tht ur a male and have fibro? Everytime I mention it to someone they are shocked that I have fibro simply because I'm a male lol! As onward & upward mention, and how you've discovered, it's trial and error with with finding relief! Hope ur day/ nights become more manageable

Hi Jamie. Like u I am afraid of these opioids that the doctors like to prescribe. Unfortunately they don't know what else to do.
There is a big disconnect between medicine and alternative treatments like massage therapy and other natural remedies.
I've been coping for many years and now my anxiety is too much to bear. I am desperately seeking to find a physician that is knowledgeable and sympathetic to our struggles and has an open mind to some alternative things.
Men only make up 15-20% of all fibro patients.
Good luck to u.
PS. Look up a drug called Xyrem. I think it could be a godsend for us, just not approved for fibro and is very expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back