Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2012
Country
US
State
OH
This is my 1st attempt to find a support group and forum and I'm hoping to get advice and someday give advice. I posted a thread to general discussions about fibro "lost and confused" which details my journey since I've been diagnosed in 2012. I haven't had much luck in the way of finding the right medications to treat my symptoms and now I fear I'm having side effects from my second attempt to find relief. So it looks like Cymbalta and Nortiptyline are going to be on the list of medications that I have had side effects to. I'm interested in natural treatments and living healthier. Possibly starting a symptom and food diary. What works for me so far: flexeril and volteran gel for stiffness and joint pain; tai chi, massage, hot showers, therapy cane, stretching, heated rice pack then clay cold pack for pain and relaxation. Exercise is my worst enemy/best friend. I have a hard time motivating myself to work-out when in pain. Also would love to find something to naturally or side effect free treatment for fibro fog. Any advice will be most appreciated I'm willing to try anything at this point. Thanks

GM, i have been reading your posts. please see my post under general discussions. starting a daily log book and why it helps.
then do a search from the tab. find key words that you are looking for. you will find some older posts that may help you.
learn as much as you can about your meds before taking them. dont just let your doctor control your treatment plan.
dont wait for him to call you, you call him.it was up to you to say ween me off the two drugs. drugs work differently in each person.
you need to find the right one for you. there are only a few drugs for fibro. you have tried 2. stay strong and keep going. ask questions here and learn from the posts already out there. welcome to our little pain family.

Starting a logbook would be a great idea! I've found that meditation and mindfulness helps at times with Fibro fog.

I am not on any medicines. I have had doctors push push push pills on me. I've been on medicines ever since I was 8 or 9 for mental health disorders and other ailments that commonly go hand-in-hand with Fibro. But I am tired of medicines. I'm am in the process of going off all of my medicines (with help of doctor) and am wanting to do the natural route as well.

I've found the only things that help me with the pain are:
  • Really hot baths/soaks
  • Marijuana <----- gives most relief to me
  • Dancing/Exercise
  • Hot packs
  • Massage
  • Aromatherapy (oils in bath)
  • Yoga/Meditation

I'm wishing you the absolute best! It's great you're reaching you. Feel free to message me if you ever need someone to talk to it if you need a friend. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back