Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/1982
Country
US
State
Massachusetts (MA)
Hello everyone. I am new to your forum. I hope to contribute as well as receive much needed support from this forum. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia way back in the early 80's. AT the time this term was not well known, in fact, even in the medical community many doctors used this term as a garbage pail diagnosis. If you told someone you had Fibromyalgia they didn't know what it was or if they did, they didn't give it much credence. So I kept quiet with my pain. Fortunately I found Dr. Don Goldenberg from Newton Wellesley, MA who studied this syndrome quite extensively and has had several books published. He was my lifesaver.

I hope to share more of my experience as time goes on and I look forward to hearing about yours. We can join forces in finding ways to improve our every day challenge. Look forward to being part of this support group.

MSiegel, thanks for joining our group! sounds like you can tell us lots about fibro. please see my post what is fibromyalgia in general discussions. please add to that post what you can. also see my post starting a daily log book. this will help and is a good starting point to helping your treatment.
i look forward to your posts. welcome and may you have many low pain days ahead of you.

Hello everyone. I am new to your forum. I hope to contribute as well as receive much needed support from this forum. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia way back in the early 80's. AT the time this term was not well known, in fact, even in the medical community many doctors used this term as a garbage pail diagnosis. If you told someone you had Fibromyalgia they didn't know what it was or if they did, they didn't give it much credence. So I kept quiet with my pain. Fortunately I found Dr. Don Goldenberg from Newton Wellesley, MA who studied this syndrome quite extensively and has had several books published. He was my lifesaver.

I hope to share more of my experience as time goes on and I look forward to hearing about yours. We can join forces in finding ways to improve our every day challenge. Look forward to being part of this support group.

I'm so glad that you finally feel validated and listened to. You deserve it.

Even today there is such a stigma attached to Fibro - "You're making it up.", "Just suck it up everybody has pain.", etc and other invalidating things people attach to chronic pain in general.

Or there is just plain disbelief. Some people think it's just a "cop out".

But I can't imagine how it was in the 80's. At least there are a good percentage more of people who believe in and support Fibro.

I am interested in reading what you post about this doctor. I'm happy you met him.

If you ever need a friend to talk to feel free to message/add me. Would love to talk. It helps having people who understand. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back