Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
SC
Howdy everyone! I'm obviously new and also newly diagnosed cfs/fibromyalgia. I was diagnosed 3 days ago. So far I'm only on tramadol but only till my next appointment. I don't react well to a lot of medications so I know it's going to be difficult finding the right combination of meds. I try my best to be an optimistic person because in my eyes dwelling on the negative and pain will only make my symptoms worse. So sorry in advance if I seem overly bubbly or positive at times. It's my way of coping.

Some info about me:

I'm 35, married for almost a year now to an amazing man, and we have a 16 month old little girl who's our everything. I had been dealing with extreme pain and fatigue for about 6 months before going to the doctor. It was when I couldn't lift my daughter without feeling like my arms would break off and spending the whole weekend on the couch because it hurt too much to move that made my husband tell me I need to see the doctor. I just thought it was what happens as you get older but my husband kept saying you're not old honey. He's ten years younger than me. So I went and here I am.

Well I am glad ya'll are here and I'm available to talk if anyone needs.

fedrum, thanks for joining and sharing with us.

we are glad you are bubbly as it spreads quickly here and helps all of us.

as you are new to fibro i would like you to read my two posts under general discussions to learn and help your self with the doctors.

1- what is fibromyalgia?
2- starting a daily log book and why it helps.

knowledge is your key to reduced pain levels.

share and ask questions. we are here to support you. have your hubby come and learn too.

have him do the clothes pin so he really understands your pain.

until someone feels what you feel, they will not understand.

please try to put on a smiley face around your friends and don't tell them all your pains. you will lose friends that way.

i hope the posts help you like they have helped me. i wish someone would have told me the information in those posts when i was
new to fibro. i had to live and learn on my own to get that info.

enjoy the forum and post often. welcome to the group.

i also posted a thread called "what did you do when you found out you had fibro?

please help us by posting the things you did.

thanks so much.

Don't apologize for being bubbley, we could all use bubbly. Having a supportable hubby helps. Welcome!

Thank you guys it means a lot! I've learned a lot on how to deal with something like this from my two aunts who both have MS. They both did their best to not let it affect their lives. They managed for a long time. My one aunt worked full time until just recently because using a walker at work was starting to make work more difficult but she worked as a pharmacist for 18 years with it. The other is now in a wheelchair but she's had it almost 40 years. And then there's my Mom she's my biggest inspiration. After losing my younger brother, he was 19, she took a week to mourn and grieve. But after that she pulled herself and everyone together. Because like she said she had me and my 10 year old sister at the time. And it wouldn't be fair to us if she let herself go.
I have a 16 month old, Adaleigh, so I remember my mom saying that and apply it to my diagnosis. She doesnt understand when mommy can't do something one day, etc... I'm good at pretending I'm fine and I do it for my daughter. My husband knows my signs of being in pain or tired.

But anyway time to put the princess to sleep. Good night all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back