Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
About a year and a half ago I got strep throat which for the first time in my life I had to spend a week in bed. Never heard of before with me. Got through it and a week or so later got this pain in my right side. A piercing pain that got worse. My Dr. gave me a pain killer that didn't do much and then one morning it was so bad I had to get my sis to take me to the hospital. At the hospital they did xrays and blood tests and nothing showed up. Said might be a pulled muscle. Told me to take pain killers. After a few days the pain subsided and then got a call from the hospital to say my urine test showed up a urinary tract infection. Went and got more meds. Then went to my own doc and every test you could think of was done over the next 12 months and nothing showed only inflammation in the blood tests. Not knowing about Fibro at the time I didn't connect the dots with the leg pain, the tiredness when I came in from work at 1 o'clock after only four hours work, headaches, and the brain fog. Forgetting a word here or there. I noticed that to touch any part of my torso hurt. This year I developed a rash of sorts on my arms hands and legs and the dr recommended I go to a rheumatologist and prior to that I had seen an internal med dr who I was to see the day after the rheumatologist. The rheumatologist struck out rheumatoid arthritis and ask me about other symptoms and did the pressure test and said it appeared that I may have firbromyalgia and nothing you can do. The next day I saw the internal meds guys who said all the test they did the previous time I was there were fine except inflammation in the blood tests again. I did however tell him what the rheumatologist said the day previous and he too did the pressure test and seemed to agree. Told me to look at nutrition, exercise etc. I have not seen my down dr yet to discuss all the info with her but hope to this week. So right now trying to keep a journal. Took a few off work to figure things out. I get my house work done early in the morning as this is my best time but the last week or so by 2pm my head is aching like mad. My knees and legs pain the most now and my side only a little. My sleep is not affected by this as I tend to fall asleep quite quickly but wake up at lest twice during the night to go to the bathroom. Frequent urination another symptom.
So I came on here to see if anyone else has any of these symptoms. I usually take only advil for the headaches. I am also on blood pressure tablets. Was diagnosed with arthritis in my neck, back and knees this past 18 months so not sure if this makes it worse.
I try to ignore the pain when I can but the worse is when I sit still for a long time or in a car for a long period and getting out to walk just kills me. The bad pain does eventually subside but the knees and legs pain for a long period after.

welcome. fibro will increase the arthris pain. fatigue too.

start by reading my two threads.
1- what is fibromyalgia
2- starting a daily log book and why it helps.

start a thread and ask more questions so you can learn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back