Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
TX
I want my life back. I'm 40 yrs old and can't pick up my 4yr old daughter. I want to enjoy playing with her again.

Welcome. I have a three year old I no what u mean. U can't have your old life back .but u can have a new one. Learn to peace yourself. U can still be a great mother love is the most important.i have three teens two of whom work now.were all very close so don't go thinking life's over and your not a good mum.
It can take years to get over the shock of this illness . And we all get so angry .why us. Why me. Well we have and it a it gonna change any time soon.
Don't beat yourself up , and give yourself some time to heal.
If u feel like sharing more with us go for it. X

I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time right now, especially having a small child. I have found myself crying in the middle of the night alone (my partner had moved out because of my frequent anxiety attacks and inability to sleep), awoken by horrible migraines, pains all over etc, until I was finally diagnosed. Not knowing was far worse then getting diagnosed because there is finally something I can be proactive about.
Obviously, We all have been dealt with curveballs to our lives ( I call it lemons), Nobody wants THIS as their future, yet here we are. In my life (51 yrs old) I have dealt with plenty of curveballs and the Best way to overcome challenges is by Facing them head on. I know how you feel about wanting your old life back? I have to fight the temptation to pass by my old workplace when I go for my monthly Dr visit's. I miss work, I miss the adrenaline, I miss my co workers.... BUT wishing and crying about something that's not going to change - WE cannot undo Fibromyalgia ( not yet)! So starting to think into the direction of everything that you are missing because...... It may just set you up for depressing time. Yet, You can learn to live with Fibromyalgiait!
Not only that, but you can also teach your daughter to become a sensitive, nurturing child. My advice Join a support group,
Review AA 12 Steps ( adapt them to your need) and above all live one day at a time and don't sweat the small stuff!

wtg westplams!

great post!

thanks for helping all of us with your support.

Staycy,

its time to accept that you have fibro and a new life to start.

you must now do the things that fibro folks do to cope and make a better life.

please dont drag yourself down by wishing in one hand and ####ing in the other. gives you even more pain.

get the support and help you need right here.

read the threads that help you cope and start working on your new life.

pull out the rear view mirror and only look ahead of you.

you can reduce your pain levels!

do it for your child.

if i can be of any help please befriend me and private msg me if need be.

may you have a better day tomorrow and start getting some low pain days ahead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back