DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
CA
State
ON
This is my first post.

After years of suffering I finally got the F/CF IBF diagnosis this past January. This disease is life changing to say the very least. I had no idea that it could make me as sick as I have been. Then there was the challenge of convincing people and doctors I was really sick. A former nurse friend said she thought I made up symptoms. People with Fibro do not need to make up symptoms! We live with dozens of them. My husband has Parkinson's disease so he understands having a chronic disease but mine is a challenge for us both at times. Two days ago I felt pretty good and helped clean up the basement and went for a bike ride. Yesterday the pain was so bad I could barely move and today the fatigue hit and I slept through the afternoon and through dinner and I'm ready to go back to bed now.

So hello to all of you dealing with this. I've got some specific questions but I'll try and post them in the correct thread.

Jlann,

Welcome to the group.

Start my reviewing my 2 posts for some help and understanding about fibro,family,friends and doctors.

they are called what is fibromyalgia. starting a daily log book and why it helps.

if you click on my name, then click on statistics. you will see threads that cmetryme has started.
read, learn and put the things i said to use as they will help you.

my advise is say away from the nurse! she will not understand or admit that she understands as her job is
on the line with the doctors around her that dont believe in fibro. ask her if she believes in fibro and what research she has done on her
own about it. when she says none. just walk away as she will increase your pains every time you see her. sorry thats just how life is.

learn to accept that you have fibro and remove yourself as fast as you can from stress and anxiety.

hopefully my posts will have answered your questions.

please do post any questions or techniques you use to reduce your pain levels.

when you over do it by cleaning. you should not have rode the bike the same day.
those are two things that are one day each.

we all pay the price for over doing it.

keep moving to work the muscles to the stop sending pain messages to the brain to send pain everywhere.

have a better day tomorrow.

Welcome, hay there no hard and fast rules here . If your posting your helping. We all learn from each other. And we all help each other the best way we can. Look forward to your posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back