Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
Colorado
I've tried hydrocodone and oxycodone, and now tramadol: I didn't like the Percocet or Vicodin, and the tramadol makes me feel dependent. What are some other pain killers that are used in treating fibro? Have you had luck with any of these?
SickNicole

I'm on tramadol. I do no what u mean but.its the only thing that works for me .when it comes down to it ,we will live with this for the rest of our lives .so I've made peace with myself over taking tramadol .

I'm not so sure the Tramadol works for me. I've stopped it for now (a 2nd time). I use Gralise (which is 600mg of Gabapentin on extended release) Gabapentin (300mg when I can't sleep bc pain level is too high) and Cymbalta (90mg delayed release).
A lot of people act differently in how they react to medication and how their medication reacts to their Fibro.
The trial and error method stinks but I suppose that is all they can do right now. I wish they'd step up the research a little more.

I find that 400 mg of Tramadol helps my mood to deal with fibro more than the pain.

I do Tramadol daily and it takes the edge off. I'm also on 30mg of Cymbalta daily.

When it's bad at night I take Nucynta, but it makes me even more tired than I already am so I can't do that during the day.

:twisted:
I've tried hydrocodone and oxycodone, and now tramadol: I didn't like the Percocet or Vicodin, and the tramadol makes me feel dependent. What are some other pain killers that are used in treating fibro? Have you had luck with any of these?
SickNicole

:twisted: When the Fibro is flared up nothing works for me; I try to keep warm and movement; and last but least no stress
Meds; Cymbalta, Gabapentine, last is Med Maj. CBD and THC

Drugs I've tried:codeine, naproxen, tramadol, gabapentin , pregabalin, amitriptaline, duloxetine, tapentadol
I've also found a high dose of magnesium malate very helpful for muscle pain and to get rid of headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back