Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
UT
I am so glad I found this forum. This is such a cruddy disorder to have because when you try to explain how you feel to someone without fibro, they really have no clue. It's nice to read some of these posts and say, "Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about."

I was diagnosed about 1.5 years ago and am super sensitive to most meds, so I'm trying to find ways to ease this pain naturally. BUT, I must say my pain and stiffness has gotten tons worse over the last year. I am feeling beyond discouraged about it, so I'm hopeful that I can find some ideas on here. Or at least commiserate with all of you.

HI, I am a newbie as i too have gone down hill in the last year and everything i used to do in the house, all beit in small stages i can no longer acheive and have severe new symptoms tmj, migraine which means even talking is painful all the time. Hands used to be reasonable and now typing hurts so communication my last 'safe' part of me all but taken. I made the mistake of pushing myself to do a few strokes of raking up some leaves outside and my whole upper body. ribs,shoulder blades and arms are now locked in excrutiating pain. I sympathize with you soooooo much i too am feeling desperate and am soo cross with myself for doing such a vigourous movement when i can barely make food and drink and my partner has been doing all the washing up for about 4 months.

The sun was out and the meds making me a bit woosy and i made silly decision now very frightened.

I'm a newbie too, diagnosed in June. Was exhausted all summer with the heat and begging for fall to come although the pain was a bit better. We've had a bit of rain this past week and it's been cooler, but the cold just makes me cringe in pain. Had to work last night outside. It was just survival mode to stand there even though I was dressed warm. Tried to pretend to my coworkers that I was fine even though my face felt like rigor mortis was setting in and my feet and legs were screaming. Came home and tried to turn on furnace and the pilot light must be out. Just trying to work myself up today to going downstairs, get on my knees and try to light that thing.

Meds really only take the edge off. Reducing stressors and getting enough sleep seem to help the most. I also find doing a little work, taking a long break, then doing a little more work is the only way to get even small tasks accomplished.

Welcome to the family. Sorry took me awhile to find your post.i hope we can at least offer support for them really bad days.yer I no everyday a a bad day .x

IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO SEE A PHYSICAL MASSAGE THERIPST? JUST BE REALLY HONEST ABOUT THE PAIN. THE ONE I WENT TO KEPT SAYING "I'm barely touching you."
AT THE TIME I WAS NOT DIAGNOSED, SO IF I GO BACK, IT WILL BABY STEPS. AND MAYBE A QUICK TALK ABOUT FIBRO.

Missylou - there is a support group meeting in Salt Lake Monday, October 5 7-8:30 pm. I'm a newbie and I'm going to try to go to that meeting for the first time. It's in the city and county offices at 2100 S State St in the north building. I know it is a bit far from you, but I wanted you to know!

Thank you everyone for your kinds words, and thanks for letting me know about the meeting next Monday. I will try to make it. I started taking salmon oil the other day, and either it is helping or 8 am just coming off a flare. Either way, I've had less pain for the last couple of days except for a migraine yesterday. But that could be due to my neck injury from a car accident I had 20 years ago--it causes me a lot of pain in my neck and back.

Hello,
Glad you joined. I just joined this morning. I am from UT also. I am also very sensitive to meds and having a hard time finding a doctor that doesn't just look at you like you want pain medication. It took me 5 yrs to find a good one that finally diagnosed me and is working with me on starting with really low doses of medication like Effexor. So far no real relief but hopeful! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back