DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
UK
State
Staffordshire
Hi All,

My Name is Kiki and I am newly diagnosed with Fibro, so all advice is really welcome. Thank you x

Thank you for sharing. I am also a fibromyalgia victim. I totally understands how it sucks life. But I believe we should not let it just ruin thousands of lives and win. We have to defeat it, until medical science gets some research done.
Here are some tips you will find useful (check with your physician before starting any program).
Take care of diet and make sure you sleep well. Sleeping well helps fibromyalgia patients a lot, you will feel the difference. Exercise can also help you sleep better and reduce your need for pain meds, as well as improve your mood: "So often, the pain of fibromyalgia leads to depression. Working out is a great, healthy way to manage both conditions.

Walking:
It's an excellent form of light aerobic exercise, which provides a list of healing benefits: It brings oxygen and nutrition to your muscles to keep them healthy, helps rebuild stamina, boosts energy, and reduces stiffness and pain. In fact, a comprehensive research review found that low-impact aerobics is most effective for improving FMS symptoms. Biking is another good option, the reciprocal, or back-and-forth, motion helps provide relaxation.
Other effective forms of aerobic exercise include swimming and water aerobics in a heated pool (warm water relaxes muscles, and the buoyancy of the water helps with movement, whereas cold water can make muscles tense up) and using an elliptical trainer (which is lower impact than a treadmill). Do short bursts, not long stretches. Research shows breaking a longer workout into shorter chunks provides the same health benefits and for people with fibro, the latter strategy is best: If your goal is to walk for 30 minutes, start with three 10-minute walks a day. Just don't leave your last walk for too late; that's when fatigue is the worst. Experts generally recommend doing aerobic exercises three to four times per week on non-consecutive days.

Yoga:
Practicing a combination of postures, breathing, and meditation reduces the physical and psychological symptoms of chronic pain of fibromyalgia, according to a recent study published in the Journal of Pain Research. Participants reported significantly less pain; they were also more accepting of their condition and felt less helpless and more mindful.
Yoga also helps build endurance and energy and improves sleep and concentration. Tai chi, where you slowly and gracefully perform a series of movements, has also been shown to help relieve fibro pain and other symptom, according to a recent study from Tufts Medical Center. You can find yoga for fibromyalgia pain on youtube, or can find an instructor.
Acupuncture and physiotherapy also helps a lot. Avoid medications as much as possible, keep in touch with your physician, let them know and ask for their suggestion before doing anything.
I will keep sharing more suggestions regarding diet, sleep, yoga, and exercises. Hope it will help us all.
Thank you and good luck.

Thank you so much for your reply, have had a down day today the fatigue hhas taken it's toll. Any recommendations for homeopathic remedies like camomile etc. I am swaying sleep studies as struggling to sleep. Finding myself extremely tired during the day. Plus it's so hard am a single mum with 2 children I need to get more energy from somewhere. Thank you Kiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back